Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E52, worst phone ever

Options
  • 08-08-2010 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

I bought the E52 about 4 months ago as i broke my E51. Ever since buying this phone i've had nothing but problems with it. It's painfully slow, it scratches easily, today the display cracked when I dropped the phone from waist height (something i've done with all my phones and never once broke) and also it feels so cheaply made, like it's cover in dull plastic. It seems like such a step back from the E51 which was a great phone, fast, robust and nicely designed and better priced. Anyone else have any issues with the E52?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I take care of all the phones I have had and have never dropped mine. It isn't advisable to drop any phones. I have never used that but I have heard good things about this phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

angel01 wrote: »
    I take care of all the phones I have had and have never dropped mine. It isn't advisable to drop any phones. I have never used that but I have heard good things about this phone :)
    Well i hardly dropped it on purpose now like, it fell out of my pocket and fell on a vinyl floor first phone i ever had to not survive a pretty modest fall and also the most expensive phone i've ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The E51 was better suited for drops, just the way it was made. They make practically zero % of phones now that you could drop. The only does really, are the ones design specially for it, land rover phone, jcb, and the 3720

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

I have one for about 3 months now. Pretty happy with it, apart from a very annoying problem with the memory. It comes up with memory full, delete or move from c: from time to time and I can't even send a text until I delete almost everything off it.
    I have a 2gb card in it, and as far as I can tell everything is being saved to it by default, so cannot figure it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

yer man! wrote: »
    Well i hardly dropped it on purpose now like, it fell out of my pocket and fell on a vinyl floor first phone i ever had to not survive a pretty modest fall and also the most expensive phone i've ever had.

Well for instance, my phone has a glass screen so I am extremely careful of the phone, you can't drop them these days. You also said you had dropped other phones previously so I would say try and be a bit more careful in future :) (or else take insurance out :p)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Liam_Lawlor

Agree with Yer Man and kellsred. Had this phone almost a year. HAd it sent in for repairs 3 times. New Microphone, new loudspeaker and this week the on / off button fell off! Its a piece of crap, terrible fragile design and I too get teh "Memory full" prob as kellsred describes. Just hanging tough with it till i am entitled to an upgrade or reverting to my trusty but slow e65.

Nokia E52 - Dont buy one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

yer man! wrote: »
    Nokia E52, worst phone ever

You obviously have never had a SAGEM phone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

jordainius wrote: »
    You obviously have never had a SAGEM phone!!

Lol yeh sagem are pretty crap alright dont see any of them mobiles around anymore probably better off aswell:)

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

just on the memory full problem. It's your ram memory not you external memory that it's refering to. You must have a file downloaded to your ram by mistake. Which caused the same problem on my n95. I downloaded an app called ybrowser which helped find it so i could delete and free space. Hope that works

Advertisement