Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opendns with VF prepaid mobile dongle

• 08-08-2010 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

Hey folks,

I thought I have been using open DNS for a while, as when I changed the ip's in the connection settings of windows (XP) and did a nslookup and config /all it reported back ok after flushing. The welcome.opendns page also confirms I'm using it.

But recently I downloaded and ran namebench to check performance of some other public DNS and it reports that the connection actually is still using Vodafone dns AS WELL!

like this: 89.19.64.36, 89.19.64.164, 208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220

with all the options that are blocked out for prepaid users, I cannot check the connection settings in the connect lite software.....

first does anyone know is it possible to properly use opendns INSTEAD of the Vodafone ones?
    secondly, is there an app or site that will confirm for definite which DNS service my connection is using?

Thanks

Advertisement