Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UtvInternet NextGenerationBroadband In Dublin?

Options
  • 08-08-2010 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

I am currently on UtvInternet Next Generation Broadband In Dublin? for €19.99 Euros 8 Megs Speed 40 GB so called "Uncongested Broadband"

since changing to this service my Internet is totally unreliable talk about detioration
    Technical Support are useless

Anyone else experiencing the same problems?

Which Isp here do you recommend barring Upc,Magnet and Smart Telcom which unfortunately do no serve the area I reside in.

See

http://ratemyisp.ie/ratings/utv-broadband/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Dave_Dublin

Well, I've been on UTV's 7.6Mb service since it started - I can't remember how many years. I was upgraded automatically from their 3Mb service.

I arranged to change to the NGB 8Mb a couple of weeks ago and I was told it would start on Aug 1, however, since that was a Sunday and last Monday was a holiday here I didn't expect it until Tuesday last.

My downstream speed was 7616kbps always and I thought that was great as I was getting what I paid for but on Thursday, July 29, my speed went down to 7Mb and, after calling Cust. Serv. (which I agree is less than satisfactory) I was told that my NGB had been activated on that day.

All of this past week my speed has been 5120kbps (i.e. 5Mb) an option they don't even offer.

I was told on Thursday when I emailed them and they called me back within 2 mins, that there appeared to be a fault on my line and - it would've been OK if I hadn't asked them to upgrade me to the NGB "Next Gen." service because activating that on the line triggered this underlying fault to become "un-dormant" (that's the word she actually used)

They said Eircom must repair this fault because it's still their job to maintain the line and they'll call me back once Eircom have contacted them but I'm still waiting for them to call me back.

I've been with them for years but I'm seriously considering switching to someone else after this...

My neighbours on both sides are with UPC but haven't had ANY internet service for the last 10 days due to a fault "somewhere in the area"

--- That says it all . . .

Advertisement