Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F*CK METEOR !!!!!

• 08-08-2010 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Prepaid broadband? me bollix, paid 20euro last week for a "30 day pass" in which they gave me 7.5gb to use for the month, watched a few movies bla bla bla long story short rang em back today askin for another 7.5gb for 20 (which is a TOTAL ripoff, but since i cant get any other shape or form of BB...) and they said I can only do this once a month, and I can top up by 20 if I like, but will be given 500mb per day and charged for over usage.. What a rip off.. can't even watch one or two youtube videos without having to check the ****in usage, what a JOKE :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

They have to impose those limits to limit the effect your heavy usage (heavy use for mobile internet, at least) on other users of the network. 3G is not a good technology for distributing internet connectivity, so they have lower limits (than real broadband).

You might not be happy, but many other Meteor users will be (because they've a better chance at getting a more reliable/faster connection).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

can you not put another 20credit into it and buy the next 7.5GB add on then when your current one runs out it should automatically start using the extra add on you bought??well thats the way 3 do it say if i bought 20GB add on for 35euro with 3 and wanted to buy another 20GB just to have it the extra add on would be Quewed until i use up the 20GB its odd meteor dont let you buy another 7.5GB im narly sure they did ?:O:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Dannyboi3k

No they wont let me buy another one until after the 30th of August, you can only purchase one lot per month, after that its charged daily as you top up, which is a pure piss take

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

that limitation has always been imposed. has been discussed here previously too.
    suggestion came for you to buy a 2nd sim to use when your first bundle is used up

ah, **** dat.. can I use my mobile sim for it do ya know? i have credit on that..

• Advertisement

yes - if you are able to teather your phone though your computer. need to connect using the usb cable and can use nokia pc suite.
    does cost though. 99c for 50mb on payg, or one of the bill pay bundles

Nope can't tether unfortunately, could I just slap my phone sim into the modem? when this credit runs out? was halfway through season 1 of "The Wire" and it rightly pissed me off, crackin show :)

ive never tried it - you would need to setup the broadband to go software with the voice APNs, data.mymeteor.ie, instead of the mbb one

2nd sim it is so, must do it tomorrow .. and again, F*CK METEOR !! cheers Samhail

post back up here if you can buy the MBB SIM on its own... i dont know if you can. though another 20e for a mbb stick which you probably can sell on adverts isnt all that bad.

• Advertisement

Yeah thats true, I'll head in to Meteor in the morning then and see what the outcome is, I'll keep it posted so people will know in future :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

In future, tone down the language when you post.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement