Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway to Rossaveal

Options
  • 08-08-2010 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

Hi there.
    Will be heading to the Aran Islands on wednesday. Getting a bus from castlebar to galway.
    Is there any way of getting from galway to rossaveal by public transport?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Hi there.
    Will be heading to the Aran Islands on wednesday. Getting a bus from castlebar to galway.
    Is there any way of getting from galway to rossaveal by public transport?

Yes, if you are getting the boat to Arran, they run a bus to link with the Ferrys.

Also Bus Éireann route 424 from Galway Tran Station goes there. Any bus, cept the 17:00hrs departure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Thanks.
    Didnt realise that the ferry operators also ran the coach. I booked by bus ticket online just there.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rubywoo

If you go to the Island Ferries office which is across from Kinlay House hostel, you can buy your bus tickets there (the bus leaves from just around the corner). The buses leave about 1.15mins before the ferry time - but CONFRIM that in the office. Have a good trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Thanks.
    Didnt realise that the ferry operators also ran the coach. I booked by bus ticket online just there.
    Pity, Bus Éireann charge 3-4 times as much for the same journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

can you not get a the boat from the docks? takes about 90 mins but you see more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Could be wrong, but I don't think there's a boat from the docks any more.

I looked on all the ferry company websites in June just to check, and couldn't see any.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rubywoo

No ferries running from Galway docks anymore.

Advertisement