Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs V Man City Live sky sports 12:45

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

It's great to see,

A part of me thought we wouldn't be out of the blocks till December.

Hopefully we can burry them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Did you find a stream?

yeah i did thanx.

great first half eh. hard reminding me of some of gomez's performances from last season!!

heres to a winning second half

COYS

frAg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Absolutely gutted we didn't get the 3 points. We certainly deserved them. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Dissapointed 2 points dropped although it was a great performance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Dissapointed 2 points dropped although it was a great performance

wudnt say it was a great performance. we were great in patches but just good overall. luca was totaly off form today whatever happened him.

im happy with a point after opening day against one of the contenders. we NEED players though, some extra bodies i.e. bellamy, richards etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

mickman wrote: »
    wudnt say it was a great performance. we were great in patches but just good overall. luca was totaly off form today whatever happened him.

im happy with a point after opening day against one of the contenders. we NEED players though, some extra bodies i.e. bellamy, richards etc

I thought Modric did well today. And I thought it was a great performance overall (bar not scoring). Just one of those games. We created plenty of chances and should of had at least two.

modric made a few good interceptions but that was it, his passes were all over the shop. attempts at shots were the usual weak efforts

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I wanted Gio to come on for Modric rather than Lennon alright.

I'm gutted too but I'll take it TBH, shows everyone what we're about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Enjoyable game (if you were a neutral ;)) Modric faded badly and was lucky not to have been replaced. Our lack of a top drawer fox in the box finisher told against us today. We won;t achieve our full potential unless we sort that out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    I thought Modric did well today. And I thought it was a great performance overall (bar not scoring). Just one of those games. We created plenty of chances and should of had at least two.
    I thought Modric done ok he was prob a bit tired after his international game during the week,we def let City off the hook today but I am very happy with the performance by Spurs with a bit of luck we could have won 3 or 4 nil,it gives me great hope for the coming games..COYS...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Enjoyable game (if you were a neutral ;)) Modric faded badly and was lucky not to have been replaced. Our lack of a top drawer fox in the box finisher told against us today. We won;t achieve our full potential unless we sort that out.[/QUOTE]

Sums up the day's performance.

Realistically who is their? Who would you get in to be our "fox in the box"?

In fairness, it was just freakish that Hudd and BAE's volleys were stopped, nothing wrong with Defoe's swivel shot either.

Kold wrote: »
    In fairness, it was just freakish that Hudd and BAE's volleys were stopped, nothing wrong with Defoe's swivel shot either.
    Wift of Hull and Wolves game last season tbh :(

Realistically who is their? Who would you get in to be our "fox in the box"?

Dunno but I'm Arry does if Levy would just loosen the pursestrings. The 4 strikers we have aren't bad players but theyre a notch down from the very top drawer.
    If we get over Young Boys I'd expect to see some qUlity coming in upfront.

Stoke away next that's going to be a really difficult game hopefully we can take the three points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Rahl

I thought we played well today, pity we didn't manage to put away one of those chances. But in fairness Hart played a storm.

I wonder if Pav will start ahead of Crouch next game?

Rahl wrote: »
    I thought we played well today, pity we didn't manage to put away one of those chances. But in fairness Hart played a storm.

I wonder if Pav will start ahead of Crouch next game?

don't think Pav did enough to justify starting next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

Wift of Hull and Wolves game last season tbh :(

i was at that match. changed from the 9-1 wigan match for a boring nil all!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

2 points dropped.
    Thought we did nearly everyting right bar put the ball in the net.

I felt crouch did quite well too, he seemed to have a bit of fight in him today which he doesn't normally have. Modric was quiet and seemed knackered after an hour.

Anyway, a point is a point, just hope the 2 dropped dont come back to haunt us.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Felt for the lads today as they really didnt do too much wrong (apart from a little scare early on in 2nd half), we were by far the dominant team.

On another day, without Joe Hart in goal for City, we would have bagged 4 or 5 goals easily.

A draw was less than we deserved today but I'm still upbeat and feel come May 2011 we'll be in the mix fighting it out for top 4 finish again.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Good performance. We'll play worse and win this season.
    One of those days where the ball wouldn't go in
    Hart Man of the match says it all really

Lots of reasons to be optimistic

don't think Pav did enough to justify starting next game.

i thought pav did very well when he "come" on as ronny whelan says. he tested the goalie at least twice if not 3 times. i think he could have scored if he was on from the start.

no sense talking about this fox in the box, no one would have scored in hart today, it was just one of those days. defoe played very well. when crouch nodded it down in the first half, defoe had a half volley and was expertly saved. that was typical fox in the box play in fairness to defoe. very few other strikers would have done better.

people are saying modric was tired from weekend, thats rubbish. he played 90 mins in a friendly. going by that stat, if he plays tues night in switzerland then he will be wrecked again for the weekends game against stoke.

silva went to mexico, had a trans atlantic flight and played yesterday, he looked fresher than luca in my opinion. luca was just off form, simple as that

lets not forget that bale was fouled in the box in the first half. should have been a peno. he had a great game once again.

mickman wrote: »
    i thought pav did very well when he "come" on as ronny whelan says. he tested the goalie at least twice if not 3 times. i think he could have scored if he was on from the start.

no sense talking about this fox in the box, no one would have scored in hart today, it was just one of those days. defoe played very well. when crouch nodded it down in the first half, defoe had a half volley and was expertly saved. that was typical fox in the box play in fairness to defoe. very few other strikers would have done better.

people are saying modric was tired from weekend, thats rubbish. he played 90 mins in a friendly. going by that stat, if he plays tues night in switzerland then he will be wrecked again for the weekends game against stoke.

silva went to mexico, had a trans atlantic flight and played yesterday, he looked fresher than luca in my opinion. luca was just off form, simple as that

There were more like back passes than shots! He should be called Av rather than Pav cos that's what he is Average! Jog him on now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

There were more like back passes than shots! He should be called Av rather than Pav cos that's what he is Average! Jog him on now!

Bit harsh no...

I agree he is not in the top bracket, but he's as good as keane and crouch in my opinion. We weren't caling him average when he was on his little run of goals earlier in the year ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭daveman16

Great performance, everyone worked really hard and played like a team. Man City played like Individuals. I though Modric was very good and was the hardest worker out there, something that might have been hard to see on TV. but I was there and could see what he was doing for 94min.

I didn't think Crouch was great especially in the second half, he could well be gone as he seemed to wave goodbye when he was being substituted. Maybe that double subtatution up frount did't really work as it seemed to change the team too much, Keano was ineffective and pav just had a few week shots (at least he got himself into a couple of good positions)

Overall though a lot to be happy about, maybe 2 points dropped but cant fault the effort.

COYS

Maybe a stupid question but why were we booing Gareth Barry?

• Advertisement

I didn't realise we were from watching it on telly, England world cup maybe?

Advertisement