Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs V Man City Live sky sports 12:45

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Bit harsh no...

I agree he is not in the top bracket, but he's as good as keane and crouch in my opinion. We weren't caling him average when he was on his little run of goals earlier in the year ;)

as Dunphy would say a good run not a great run ;) He may be as good as Keane is now but back in Keanes best day the fella wouldn't lace his boots. I'd like to see the 2 of them shipped out asap. Not a great fan of Crouch either but I think he's the best partner for Defoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

^ +1

Robbie in the calender year of 07 was the best spurs striker of a 1 year period in my time supporting them.

You gotta move on though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

yiddo59 wrote: »
    as Dunphy would say a good run not a great run ;) He may be as good as Keane is now but back in Keanes best day the fella wouldn't lace his boots. I'd like to see the 2 of them shipped out asap. Not a great fan of Crouch either but I think he's the best partner for Defoe.

I agree re keane, in his peak days, he was dynamite, and one of our best strikers of the last 10/15 years.

I have never been a fan of crouch, although he did well yesterday in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Great 1st half performance. Shades of Wolves game though. We seem to need a tonne of chances before we can score.

Our passing and movement was excellent as was the work rate of the midfield.

Bale, magnificent again. Everyone else was about a 7 out of 10. I thought BAE was the best defender. I always get a bit nervous when he's playing but yesterday he looked really assured, out in a couple of great tackles and used the ball intelligently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Kastielz

I was glad with how we played. As said, it's a pity we didn't put away one of those chances though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

First half i thought we were ok, largely due to city being so ineffective. I thought crouch was extremely poor, pav far superior in the few minutes he was on.
    Bale was very good, bae was good, modric and thudd struggled in midfield.
    Wasnt as impressed with the performance as other posters in here but there you go. Roll on young boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Sky Sports quote of the day during yesterday match.

"Joe Jordan is going to watch young boys tomorrow"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Great 1st half performance. Shades of Wolves game though. We seem to need a tonne of chances before we can score.

Our passing and movement was excellent as was the work rate of the midfield.

Bale, magnificent again. Everyone else was about a 7 out of 10. I thought BAE was the best defender. I always get a bit nervous when he's playing but yesterday he looked really assured, out in a couple of great tackles and used the ball intelligently.

ekotto was one of our weakest players in my opinion. (aside from corluka who only plays the ball back)

ekotto is all tricks even inside his own box, he is too risky. one of these days he will be caught out. yes he sprayed a few balls forward for bale to run onto but if he cant thump the ball forward then there would be somethign wrong with him

he got caught badly when he played wright philips on side and if it wasnt for swp messing it up then we would have lost the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Sky Sports quote of the day during yesterday match.

"Joe Jordan is going to watch young boys tomorrow"
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I was thinking maybe for his poor England performance but seems like a strange reason to boo so much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement