Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alpaca

Options
  • 08-08-2010 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

:confused:Any idea what one would pay for an Alpaca?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

While assumptions are dangerous, I assume you mean a goat rather than a sweater?

Moving to Animals & Pets with the above assumption in mind - the Help Desk is for people who are having problems using the site or who have an issue with a moderator decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭cobwebs

sceptre wrote: »
    While assumptions are dangerous, I assume you mean a goat rather than a sweater?

Moving to Animals & Pets with the above assumption in mind - the Help Desk is for people who are having problems using the site or who have an issue with a moderator decision.

I am interested in buying an Alpaca, which is an animal bred for its wool. It originates from Peru and can now be found bred in Ireland. I have heard of prices around €3,000 per animal and I am wondering how accurate is that figure?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

More like a small llama than a goat.
    People over here keep them as pets, they go for about £2000.
    Theres a breeder not far from me - Morden Hall Alpacas.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭cobwebs

More like a small llama than a goat.
    People over here keep them as pets, they go for about £2000.
    Theres a breeder not far from me - Morden Hall Alpacas.
    Thanks for that. Saw a lot of them on show in Tullamore yesterday.

Advertisement