Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modifying Autocad Commands

Options
  • 08-08-2010 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭

I know there's a file for doing this, but I can't remember what it's called or where to locate it (have Autocad 2006 installed).

It's for shortening commands. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Zoolander1

I've been using ACAD 2010 but I think it's a similar method in other versions. Here's two ways I've used.

Tools
    > Customize
    > Edit Program Parameters(acad.pgp file)
    This opens a notepad which allows you to modify the shortcuts which are on the right of the pad. You'll be asked to save this when you cancel the page and I think it starts once you open a new drawing I think.

There's also a ribbon in 2010 which has 'Express Tools' and there's an option to edit command alias. Think in the older versions there will be a toolbar 'Express' which allows you to go select 'Tools' and then 'Command Alias Editor'. Other than that you might be able to type 'ALIASEDIT' in the command line which opens the same window but not 100% if this command works in your version.

Hope some of this helps..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Zoolander1 wrote: »

Tools
    > Customize
    > Edit Program Parameters(acad.pgp file)

Hope some of this helps..:)

That's the one I was looking for - thanks a million for your help. Much appreciated.

Advertisement