Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tickets.ie

Options
  • 08-08-2010 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Just wondering if Tickets.ie is a legit site for buying tickets? I've only ever used Ticketmaster but a gig I wanna get tickets for is only listed on tickets.ie

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

DylanJames wrote: »
    Just wondering if Tickets.ie is a legit site for buying tickets? I've only ever used Ticketmaster but a gig I wanna get tickets for is only listed on tickets.ie

Cheers!

Yes, they're genuine, an alternative to ticketbastard :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

Very genuine and great to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Very genuine and great to deal with

+1 ... and dont rip you off with booking charges , postal charges etc. They are the Kings of consumers choice when it comes to Ticket agents.

wish there were more of them ...

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭maps and atlas

There was a piece in the Sunday Independent about them, comparing their ticket prices to Ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

It's not common that a particular concert shows up on both Ticketmaster and tickets.ie but it does happen; some promoters use both ticketing systems. I remember Forever Promotions used to sell through both sites before they closed up.

Most of the smaller promoters use tickets.ie. It's really nice to be able to buy your tickets in advance and pay in or around the same price that you'd pay at the door. As the Indo said, if you do have the choice between Ticketmaster and tickets.ie, you'll save a few quid a ticket if you go with the latter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Also love how you get the option to have a personalised messages printed on each individual ticket. Not that I ever do, but a nice little touch.

Now if only they could get all events... Would love to be able to cut out that other shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Mr.S wrote: »
    Slightly OT,

But the sound celar in Dublin sells tickets without a service charge, as far as i know they are just tickets gotten from ticketmaster and re-sold. How do they make money off them?

They put a €1 service charge on every ticket. They are allocated a certain number for gigs through the promoter not through ticketmaster (I stand to be corrected on this though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Dazd_N_Confusd

I hope so, I just picked up 2 tickets for Liars about half hour ago.

€16 a pop. I love listening to semi-obscure music!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Also love how you get the option to have a personalised messages printed on each individual ticket. Not that I ever do, but a nice little touch.
    Tested this out once. You can write silly nonsence on it - it's great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Mr.S wrote: »
    Slightly OT,

But the sound celar in Dublin sells tickets without a service charge, as far as i know they are just tickets gotten from ticketmaster and re-sold. How do they make money off them?

Also, ticketmaster in stephen's green do not charge a booking fee, I always buy my tickets from there when possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

the tickets.ie guys are great and very easy to work with. I would highly recommend them.

here's an interesting thing ... couple of years ago we ran an event where tickets were available from both tickets.ie and ticketmaster.ie. Despite that it was more advantageous for both the customer and us for people to buy on tickets.ie, more people bought on ticketmaster.

Having said that ticketmaster are very professional and provide an excellent service to both promoters and buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

BrianD wrote: »
    Having said that ticketmaster are very professional and provide an excellent service to promoters.

Fixed your post for you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Besides their online booking fees being quite high I think Ticketmaster are good in general. My major gripe with them is that they charge their high booking fee per ticket and not per order. I would also like if you could buy tickets from different events under one order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

One of the things that bugs me about ticketmaster is that they show sold out shows as having tickets available.
    They make you click on 'Buy Tickets', then let you choose ticket type/qty, then make you type in those fecking annoying squiggly letter things & then after all that, they tell you sorry no matches. Why :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

I use both as needed. Definatley prefer Tickets.ie not only for the price, but the tickets generally pop through the letterbox within 2 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Much prefer tickets.ie. Much fairer charges and a better service. If only they did more gigs and we had a proper choice.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Rather deal with tickets.ie, find them very good to deal with, hopefully they'll expand with more gigs down the line and grab a bigger chunk of the market!;)

Advertisement