Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike Computer and Watch Recommendations

• 08-08-2010 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Anyone got recommendations for the above. Preferably something that is relatively easy to use, wireless and not going to break the bank.

Thanks.

The heading is supposed to read 'Watch' instead of 'Water'. Weirdest typo ever :-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭pprendeville

I use a Blackburn Delphi 6.0

Like this unit. Has nearly everything you need bar GPS. Heart rate monitor, wireless speed, wired cadence sensor included (although I lost mine when my bike was robbed. Luckily I only had the cadnece sensor on the bike at the time), altimeter etc.
    Here's the link.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=17274

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

trailbiker wrote: »
    The heading is supposed to read 'Watch' instead of 'Water'. Weirdest typo ever :-)

Fixed that for you.

FWIW, my day job requires me to type "buffer" quite regularly, and it always comes out "bugger".

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭trailbiker

Lumen wrote: »
    FWIW, my day job requires me to type "buffer" quite regularly, and it always comes out "bugger".

..and I drink 'water' every day. Weird huh? :) Cheers for the fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭pprendeville

trailbiker wrote: »
    Anyone got recommendations for the above. Preferably something that is relatively easy to use, wireless and not going to break the bank.

Thanks.

Personally I'd recommend the water that quenches the thirst and is wet to feel.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭trailbiker

Personally I'd recommend the water that quenches the thirst and is wet to feel.:)

As far as I know both hard and soft fulfill that criteria. I hear the stuff they got down in Kerry is pretty good. Straight from the spring and all that..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Try a Polar CS100 or CS200, Bike computer and watch combos like the polar CS300 are higher end. I just bought myself a Bike computer/HRM CS400 and have come from a HRM Polar F6 watch. I smashed my bike computer a few months ago but we won't do into that :o

Advertisement