Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth Vet surgery

Options
  • 08-08-2010 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi! My French bulldog (Maxie) and I have recently moved to Maynooth
    and I'm looking for a veterinary surgery...Can you please suggest one with a good, reliable service. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I would actually recommend Beaufield vets in Celbridge. Its only about ten mins from Maynooth but they are very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Have sent you a pm ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

andreac wrote: »
    I would actually recommend Beaufield vets in Celbridge. Its only about ten mins from Maynooth but they are very good.

+1

Beaufield's great. I've never been to the Maynooth vet's, but it's just off the bridge over the canal near the Newtown block of shops. I just prefer to stick to what I know is good, and Beaufield has an excellent, well deserved, reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bookerboy

Beaufield have a reputation for being expensive,while Fraynes(near Castletown House gates)in Celbridge seem to hate taking money from people.
    I have no experience of either but do know people that have used both.
    Check prices in advance would be my advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I've heard of, and experianced some horror stories from Frayne's. I sure as hell never recommend the place. One of my scarring moments as a kid was bringing our family dog to him for treatment for some sort of bloody protrusion from her rear...possibly hemorroids?? I don't know. Anyway, we waited in the carpark and the SCREAMS out of my dog as the lump was cauterised with no anaestetic will haunt me forever :( it went on for what seemed like ages.

And I've actually heard worse stories, but I won't go into them.

The ONLY good thing about him is the price. I would much rather pay Beaufield, where I know my dog is getting good professional treatment, than go to him ever again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

There's a decent vet on the Captains Hill in Leixlip, she's the one i use, has always come across as professional and very caring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Moss Vets in Naas http://www.mossvet.ie/ Only a 20 min drive from Maynooth and better by a mile than any vets I've used in Celbridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mary_F_017

Hi Ciara,

I go to Maynooth Vets, Newtown Grove and find them really good. I am really delighted with their caring approach and am very impressed to know that they have a 24hr on site emergency cover for their patients. I am happy to recommend them!

Best of luck,
    Mary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Though my experience with them has been with my rabbit and not a dog, I'd also recommend O'Dwyer and Jones in Newtown Grove in Maynooth. They've always been really nice and helpful whenever I needed to take Rebel to them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Katie Murphy in kilcock, on the summerhill road

Very experienced vet, both with farm animals and small pets. Has been our vet for years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ciara FitzGerald

Thanks everybody for your replies, I've taken your good advice and have been to Maynooth Veterinary Clinic. I was very impressed with their quality of service and caring approach and I will be using them from now on!

Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Glad you're happy with them. Hope Maxie's okay. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 alfaspud

Go with Beaufield, stay away from Freyne, you get what you pay for. He had my mates dog on steroids for weeks for a 'heart problem', the poor little thing ended up on a drip in Beaufield for a week with kidneys like prunes.

I brought my staffie to the vet in Leixlip (Captains Hill) when I got her as pup 12 years ago, she told me if she had her way, all fighting breeds would be destroyed, needless to say, I never went back!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

alfaspud wrote: »
    Go with Beaufield, stay away from Freyne, you get what you pay for. He had my mates dog on steroids for weeks for a 'heart problem', the poor little thing ended up on a drip in Beaufield for a week with kidneys like prunes.

I brought my staffie to the vet in Leixlip (Captains Hill) when I got her as pup 12 years ago, she told me if she had her way, all fighting breeds would be destroyed, needless to say, I never went back![/QUOTE]

:eek::eek: Omg, i cannot get over that, esp from a vet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I used to work for O'Dwyer and Jones when they were in the village, I was wondering where they'd moved to. When I worked for them I thought they were both great vets but at the time there was a female polish vet with them that was pretty brutal, she put me off them completely. She's not with them anymore though so hopefully whoever they have with them now is better than she was.

Also did a bit of work experience with Katie Murphy in Kilcock - I did mainly horse work with her though and Beaufield in Celbridge. Both good Vets but if I had to chose a Vet for my own dog I'd go with Finbarr in Beaufield.

Advertisement