Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sligo Rovers v Everton XI

• 08-08-2010 6:38pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Both Stands Full and terrace filling amazing !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

Delighted for Coleman and Rovers, he was a great player to watch in the LoI. We've been saying it for years, but he is the future Irish right back. Hopefully we won't be waiting too much longer for that to happen.

Some nice looking tshirts on sale tonight.
    http://www.sligorovers.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=955:dixie-dean-t-shirt&catid=13:news&Itemid=246

Shane Duffy is playing tonight aswell.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Got the Dixie Dean Shirt nice job ! Good crowd in the terrace also !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Is Coleman playing? I thought he was injured?

2 coleman.
    They havnt called out the Teams yet.
    He is gone after 15 minutes he just played because of where the match is despite injury

Sligo 1 -0
    John Dillon an everton fan.

A well taken shot from the edge of the box after a defensive lapse.

• Advertisement

Coleman voted fai under 21 player of the year and Sligo will make a presentation at the end of the game !

2-0 Sligo Romauld boco scrapes a shot into the corner after a deflected shot fell to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Pure_Cork wrote: »
    Delighted for Coleman and Rovers, he was a great player to watch in the LoI. We've been saying it for years, but he is the future Irish right back. Hopefully we won't be waiting too much longer for that to happen.

I was always impressed with him when they came down to play us with his attacking play.

Amazed we never made a bid for him in that time considering the "money" that was around then.

Same goes for Daryl Murphy. He was always very dangerous for Waterford when we played them but don't think we ever made an offer for him at the time.

I was always impressed with him when they came down to play us with his attacking play.

Amazed we never made a bid for him in that time considering the "money" that was around then.

Same goes for Daryl Murphy. He was always very dangerous for Waterford when we played them but don't think we ever made an offer for him at the time.

Yeah, they were signings that would have paid for themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

He never would have left us to go to Cork. he knew he had talent, he knew there were english clubs watching him.

Raging I didn't back us at 13/2 when I seen the Everton squad. I think it was because I knew sweet f**k all about any of them bar Seamie & Duffy.

Cheers for the updates nowso!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

Rovers beating Everton :):):)

Ragin im not there, theres nothing like the atmosphere when the Showgrounds is full, last time I seen it full was the FAI cup semi final against Waterford last October

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    He never would have left us to go to Cork. he knew he had talent, he knew there were english clubs watching him.

Scouts were watching Mooney too and he came.

We were throwing crazy money around at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Mooney's team were relegated. He was hardly gonna sit around for the scouts to watch him in our lovely graveyard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

To be fair Mooney came from a relegated Longford side. That was a move he HAD to make.

edit: I'm so slow at typing..what CSF said above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Nice 2-0 win for Rovers good to see another LoI side beating premiership opposition, they are going great at the moment.

Raging I didn't back us at 13/2 when I seen the Everton squad. I think it was because I knew sweet f**k all about any of them bar Seamie & Duffy.

Cheers for the updates nowso!

THANKS. Im an evertan fan and should have known and layed everton . Duffy was cauit for the 1st goal and was lucky enough to stay on

Yeah, I hope they (Sligo) can go on now and challenge for the championship.

CSF wrote: »
    Mooney's team were relegated. He was hardly gonna sit around for the scouts to watch him in our lovely graveyard.
    To be fair Mooney came from a relegated Longford side. That was a move he HAD to make.

edit: I'm so slow at typing..what CSF said above.
    He could've gone to England instead of signing for us. There's still loads of scouts watching the First Division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Pure_Cork wrote: »
    He could've gone to England instead of signing for us. There's still loads of scouts watching the First Division.
    Not sure he would have gotten much of a move to England on the basis of Longford tbh, and as for the scouts watching the First Division, I've no doubt they are, but they'll be looking for young lads with potential as opposed to lads already in their 20s.

CSF wrote: »
    Not sure he would have gotten much of a move to England on the basis of Longford tbh, and as for the scouts watching the First Division, I've no doubt they are, but they'll be looking for young lads with potential as opposed to lads already in their 20s.

They are looking at guys in their 20s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Nice 2-0 win for Rovers good to see another LoI side beating premiership opposition, they are going great at the moment.

we'll use the term "premiership opposition" loosely in this case ;)

I would estimate about 10 or 11 premiership appearances between the whole Everton squad that travelled to Sligo. Duffy and Coleman would probably have about 10 of those :p It was reserves and academy players.

Duffy and Coleman were really the only players that had any first team appearances from last season.

Sligo played well though. Look like a decent side with nice facilities..

Advertisement