Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basketball In Limerick

Options
  • 08-08-2010 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    I'm just wondering does anybody know about the basketball set-up in limerick, especially limerick city??
    Are there any teams? How Many teams? Where they play/train? What kind of leagues they take part in? Any pick-up games r whatever?

Any info at all would be much appriciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Emelio

have you contact university or institute?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DeiseManJak

No I haven't
    It would prob be a start I suppose :)

Are there many others teams despite the college teams??

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭manna452121

Limerick Lakers have some good teams and a great set-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,795 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Myself and a friend looking to play 1 on 1, just messing around really. Does anyone know if the colleges or schools would hire out a half court for 40 - 60 minutes?

Anyone have any other ideas how to just have a nice quick pick up game?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Im a member of the limerick lions.. our training is starting the first week of september if your interested..

http://www.limericklions.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,795 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sound man, been absolutely years since I was playing club ball. Unfortunately now with my job, I work 12 hour shifts that mix both day and night shifts in the same week so chances are I would miss a lot of training but a job in Limerick I can't complain! When does yer season start? Wouldn't mind going watching a game at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Sound man, been absolutely years since I was playing club ball. Unfortunately now with my job, I work 12 hour shifts that mix both day and night shifts in the same week so chances are I would miss a lot of training but a job in Limerick I can't complain! When does yer season start? Wouldn't mind going watching a game at least.

Season starts next week.. The mens team would have other players in your similar work situation.. We would be glad to have ya whenever your available..

Advertisement