Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circular shaped lawns

Options
  • 08-08-2010 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

At the moment im drawing up a little plan for the end of my garden, its a plot separate to the main garden and the intention is to have it like a separate secret garden. i plan to put 3 circular lawns in from seed(approx 3-4 mtrs dia) but my problem is i need like a shuttering type material to form the shape.
    it would need to be flexable, long and about 6 inches high. i plan to filter a ton or two of soil i have trough a wire mesh frame and then barrow it into the form. ideally some sort of flexable timber or a mallable metal would do the job.the idea is to have the lawns at a level height and then work out from them as the plot is uneven. any ideas on a suitable material?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Corriboard Company in Ashbourne Ind est does it

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

k123456 wrote: »
    Corriboard Company in Ashbourne Ind est does it

i had thought about that stuff but would it be strong enough to be screwed to timber stakes and strong enough to contain the soil.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 man the van

how about laying some cobble bricks in mortar to use as an edging? they would be strong enough and very pleasing on the eye..just find your centre points for your circle,drive in a peg hammer a nail into the top of the peg and then wrap a line around the peg.
    then you cut the line to whatever size you want your circles to be and lay each brick against the edge of the line.
    might help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Man the van's solution is a more permanent one, however if you want to use timber, you can use 4mm ply cut int 6" strips, cut the first strip in half, now drive your perimeter stakes every 2'
    you end up with two strips of 4mm ply reinforcing each other.

Advertisement