Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting in Laytown a little while a go

Options
  • 08-08-2010 1:15am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭

I see there was 8 shots fired in Laytown. I expect it to be on the news in the morning.
    Victim is not dead (yet) that we know of. The vic' got shot in McDonagh's pub.
    Apparently its a drug/crime related shooting according to some interviewed.
    Not exactly the first thing (or last) I'd expect to hear happening in Laytown but then again, no place is immune from these acts any more.

Sad, just sad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Glyni

McDonaghs pub is in Bettystown just beside Laytown. Shooting happened just after 10. my parents where wallking up to the pub as it happened. Apparently man walked in with gun shot the victim 5 times and left. People down there very shocked but as you said nowhere is immune.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Glyni wrote: »
    McDonaghs pub is in Bettystown just beside Laytown. Shooting happened just after 10. my parents where walking up to the pub as it happened. Apparently man walked in with gun shot the victim 5 times and left. People down there very shocked but as you said nowhere is immune.
    The shooter must have been very, very sure of his target then. Madness, pure madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I live just down from McDonaghs . .

Locals say <snip - less of the idle speculation please Mr Magnolia>! Only found this out today . .

My neighbour knocked in last night a bit shook. . They were in the hotel across the road having a fag when the shots were fired . .

It is very scary as you said . . Reading it on news is one thing, a shooting happening in a local pub is frightening . .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/national-news/man-injured-in-meath-pub-shooting-2289120.html

The Indo says the pub is in Laytown. Guess they need a better map if it's in Bettystown. LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭hiltonhater

im totally shocked, bettystown is usually a lovely place to live. my friend was over in roccos when shots were fired. very frightening :(

Drumpot wrote: »

Locals say <snip - less of the idle speculation please Mr Magnolia>! Only found this out today . .

Less speculation, more accepted common knowledge TBH . . ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

we going to bettystown court hotel tomorrow- even this wont stop us:D

whelan1 wrote: »
    we going to bettystown court hotel tomorrow- even this wont stop us:D

Nothing to worry about, if anything Bettystown is prob one of the safest towns to be in for the next few days . .

• Registered Users Posts: 44 carrie b

Biggins wrote: »
    I see there was 8 shots fired in Laytown. I expect it to be on the news in the morning.
    Victim is not dead (yet) that we know of. The vic' got shot in McDonagh's pub.
    Apparently its a drug/crime related shooting according to some interviewed.
    Not exactly the first thing (or last) I'd expect to hear happening in Laytown but then again, no place is immune from these acts any more.

Sad, just sad.
    It wasn't Laytown, it was bettystown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lissoy

This should be in the Meath forum.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I've moved it into Meath now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Meathborn

The shooting was in Bettystown <snip> - NOT Laytown

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭hiltonhater

im glad there are mods here and that last comment was snipped. totally unfair, unjust and slanderous. :mad:

Advertisement