Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Results night

• 06-08-2010 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I hear theres a good night planned in navan rugby club some good d.j.s did anyone hear anything about this ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

I'm doing nothing because my debs is the next day so it's a choice between looking nice or being hungover and nasty essentially..:cool: I'd rather not look terrible for my own debs but it comes with a crap cost!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

No idea actually! I'll figure out something, think I heard Wrights was open but I could be wrong. Maybe 21's? Might just head into town and see what happens. Hopefully I'll have a reason to celebrate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

No idea actually! I'll figure out something, think I heard Wrights was open but I could be wrong. Maybe 21's? Might just head into town and see what happens. Hopefully I'll have a reason to celebrate!
    Hopefully i'll have money to celebrate:cool:

theowen wrote: »
    Hopefully i'll have money to celebrate:cool:

Oh yeah, i'm the same. Tried really hard to get a job but with no experience it didn't work out to well :( If i've no money than i'll just throw a house party or something :P Ok no I wouldn't but i'd find something to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Oh yeah, i'm the same. Tried really hard to get a job but with no experience it didn't work out to well :( If i've no money than i'll just throw a house party or something :P Ok no I wouldn't but i'd find something to do.
    Indeed! I'm allergic to house partys since I fell asleep in the bathroom, with the party still in full flow in my house below :rolleyes:. What dates the results out btw?

• Advertisement

theowen wrote: »
    Indeed! I'm allergic to house partys since I fell asleep in the bathroom, with the party still in full flow in my house below :rolleyes:. What dates the results out btw?

I can see how that would have put you off! Never thrown one but if it's a good friend that has one i've found them to be a laugh.
    It's the 18th, a Wednesday. Would have prefered it on the Friday as more places would have been open!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Its results night and loads of places are going to do their best to try to rip off people. It still wont stop me from going out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

If I do ****= Get seriously pissed.

If I do well= Get even more pissed and probably try and swim across the Liffy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

I'm not 18 :( so dunno what to do

probably won't go out though. the debs is the friday so that will be even better :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ChristianLC

I'm going to chance my arm heading out with my legit passport hoping that they only look at the year (1992) and my up to date picture because I just had it renewed. I'm 18 next month so hopefully I get away it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

Copious amount of alcohol will be involved, whether it is in celebration or to drown my sorrows. Win-win :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

No idea what im doing. But it will probably involve friends and alcohol. I jst hope theres enough people on my class who either dont care or did well to have a good evening.
    This

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭*Miss Ní C*

I'm not 18 until the end of March so I'll be drinking the old fashioned way: In the park!

I'll chance town later, of course.....Either way, it's gonna be a brilliant, mental night! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Cahir House Hotel's nightclub for me...a DJ from BEAT will be there so that should be a laugh as the music there is usually scumbag/knacker music :/

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Mr Cawley

I'm going to chance my arm heading out with my legit passport hoping that they only look at the year (1992) and my up to date picture because I just had it renewed. I'm 18 next month so hopefully I get away it.

Their job is to look at dates! They may not be scientists but give them credit. You're fooling yourself. It won't pay off. <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Won't work.

Come 12 o'clock on results night I'm officially 18 :)

Pretty good timing if I do say so, I wonder if the bouncers will be **** and not let me in till 12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Me and me mates are stallin it to this should be a savage night yer man always runs a good gig. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=142425165778270&ref=ts and i know for a fact noone really checks id at this doyles place.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Was planning on going into town clubbing but got in a little trouble last week:rolleyes: so now im not allowd out....good thing my parents will be gone on holidays so hahaha ......piss-up!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

anyone know if any clubs do any results night offers/dont care much about id in the kildare region?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Has to be GPO in Galway or if yeh can get in CP's... I reckon almost everyone will be in GPO though come 1 o' clock... Cant frckn wait:D - better not be a total anti-climax like the 23rd:mad:!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,811 ✭✭✭✭klose

Isin't Calvin Harris playing a set in waterford or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Mr Cawley wrote: »
    Their job is to look at dates! They may not be scientists but give them credit. You're fooling yourself. It won't pay off. Get an older persons ID and pretend you're not an LC'er!
    Yeah they usually check the day and month if it's the year of the eighteenth. For two weeks after my 18th birthday I had bouncers joking with me about how "just made it".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭LL92

I'm 18 that day! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

cart town in carrick for me and the coronas are playing there that weekend :) luckily I have a job so should be fun from wednesday til sunday! I'll either be drowning my sorrows or celebrating but I shall be drinking alot either way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

The usual crack. Then 2 days after the Rose Of Tralee starts.
    Which is quite a lot of fun.
    Crystal Swing FTW!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

After the disaster that was the 24th in Cork, I really dont want to have to go there.. spent more time queing then anything else.. I hear Gorbys has a UV party but the half of Cork will be going there :/ a house party would be sweet..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

THFC wrote: »
    Has to be GPO in Galway or if yeh can get in CP's... I reckon almost everyone will be in GPO though come 1 o' clock... Cant frckn wait:D - better not be a total anti-climax like the 23rd:mad:!!
    GPO is the place to be....but I'm 17...with absolutely no form of I.D. Sparch here we come:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

JayEnnis wrote: »
    Won't work.

Come 12 o'clock on results night I'm officially 18 :)

Pretty good timing if I do say so, I wonder if the bouncers will be **** and not let me in till 12.
    Id love to be the bouncer and make you wait until 12 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

I can't help but laugh at all ye underageers :D :P :P - the joys of living in the countryside where ID isn't an issue :D:D:pac::pac::pac:

tis gonna be a serious session for me whatever I get anyways so :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Guys, can we avoid giving people advice on how to circumvent the law please.

Advertisement