Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Results night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

yeah all mine are going aswell i dont really get a say :L but atleat it will be decent music (:

Yup Propaganda were at Oxegen and they didn't dissapoint, they were class at the Nokia stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

BUTTON FACTORY! €15 Doors 10/10:30
    Turning up at 9.45 methinks to buy tix.
    ALEX GAUDINO IS PLAYING :D

Sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭lucybrown

TRIPOD :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Slobodan Milosevic

here boys and girls, settle down or Santy won't come !

Take a bit of advice from a man thats being there and done all that before.

-Tomorow its highly likely that you will be severly intoxicated.
    -As Leaving Certs some of your mates will be 18, some will be under 18. Those of you without proper I.D (or a fake one that works) will not get in with the bigger group.
    -Its likely your gang will be split up. Especially in the cities, where there is a wide choice of venue.
    -Also be prepared to repeat yourself approx 150 times, regarding your result.
    -Its likely youse bunch will be a bit hiper tomorow, could youse please keep in mind the other people out who don't want to listen to a bunch of hormone driven teenagers.

Now I will be out tomorow night myself.
    I hope youse wee boys and girls celebrate in style and don't annoy me too much.

We will meet again at freshers week.
    Untill then.....behave ;)

SLOBO
    xxx

here boys and girls, settle down or Santy won't come !

Take a bit of advice from a man thats being there and done all that before.

-Tomorow its highly likely that you will be severly intoxicated.
    -As Leaving Certs some of your mates will be 18, some will be under 18. Those of you without proper I.D (or a fake one that works) will not get in with the bigger group.
    -Its likely your gang will be split up. Especially in the cities, where there is a wide choice of venue.
    -Also be prepared to repeat yourself approx 150 times, regarding your result.
    -Its likely youse bunch will be a bit hiper tomorow, could youse please keep in mind the other people out who don't want to listen to a bunch of hormone driven teenagers.

Now I will be out tomorow night myself.
    I hope youse wee boys and girls celebrate in style and don't annoy me too much.

We will meet again at freshers week.
    Untill then.....behave ;)

SLOBO
    xxx

Cheers :D Ahhh freshers week, that should be fun :).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

For those night clubs that are picky about who they let in, don't arrive in a big group of lads. Find a group of girls and 'pair up' on the way in and they are more likely to let you in.

I'm hoping I will be ok with just a Garda Age Card? I'm not bringing my drivers licence or my passport - I'm afraid of losing them!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

I'm hoping I will be ok with just a Garda Age Card? I'm not bringing my drivers licence or my passport - I'm afraid of losing them!

They cant refuse it can they, as long as its clearly you?? like whats the point in the age card if we need to bring extra id?? (only got my age card yesterday so havn't used it yet!)

For those night clubs that are picky about who they let in, don't arrive in a big group of lads. Find a group of girls and 'pair up' on the way in and they are more likely to let you in.

The big group is pretty much a given, you don't even have to be with girls(it does get you in easier though), but sometimes if I'm out with a big group we go in by 2s, a group of two lads is much less intimidating than a group of about 10 lads :pac:.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

lc2010 wrote: »
    They cant refuse it can they, as long as its clearly you?? like whats the point in the age card if we need to bring extra id?? (only got my age card yesterday so havn't used it yet!)

I'm not sure. They can refuse you for other reasons, e.g. don't like the look of you, think you are up to trouble, club is full, etc.

Especially as clubs tomorrow can be as picky as they want to be as they will probably get the numbers anyway!

I've only ever used the Garda Age Card in off-licences and pubs, I've never actually used it in a night-club (which are usually the strictest!).

I'll see how I get on tomorrow night anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

I'm not sure. They can refuse you for other reasons, e.g. don't like the look of you, think you are up to trouble, club is full, etc.

Especially as clubs tomorrow can be as picky as they want to be as they will probably get the numbers anyway!

I've only ever used the Garda Age Card in off-licences and pubs, I've never actually used it in a night-club (which are usually the strictest!).

I'll see how I get on tomorrow night anyway!

Haha here was me all excited bout going out tomorrow using my agecard!!!
    My passports out of date so ill prob bring that just in case now. I AM gettin in tomorrow so i suppose its best not to give them any excuses.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

Thank god im eighteen! :D .... Few aftershocks tomorrow night and all will be sorted :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I really need to get an age card. My friends have them though and everytime we go out to a club or pub they always have no trouble getting in so you should be fine. Separate into smaller groups just to be sure though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

I only use my age card.. never had a problem with it in nightclubs/pubs..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 MadRush

my garda i.d. got kinda bent last saturday...forget never to put it in your ass pocket :(

they seem a bit too flimsy, seeing as their whole purpose is so you don't have to bring your passport/drivers licence out....

think i'l be ok tommorow though....not that i'll get any sleep or anything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭dazco

I'd kinda like to be heading into town tomorrow night, there be such a crowd, but pretty much everyone from my school is going to Mantra in Maynooth....

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭juliancallan

I eagerly await the red cups in Alchemy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Wrights/ Tripod seems to be the place to be if your from Dublin.

I'll be avoid those:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Tripod is sold out from what I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

Mantra in Maynooth - along with most of north Kildare I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Tripod is sold out from what I hear.

I also hear this!

And it's tickets in, so you could buy a ticket and still don't get in, I'm not a gmabling man:) Unless it's the world Cup 2010 again..

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭RoRoCullen

Wrights and Tripod are both sold out..!
    Tomangoes Foam Party it is! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

RoRoCullen wrote: »
    Wrights and Tripod are both sold out..!
    Tomangoes Foam Party it is! :)
    Cue collective awee from 2,000 people...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Going to Tripod, apparently there was a 2 and a half hour queue last year. Sounds fun.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SarahLW

I have 4 tickets to the academy if anyone wants them ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

SarahLW wrote: »
    I have 4 tickets to the academy if anyone wants them ?

I'll take them. Very generous of you to give them away for free. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SarahLW

Ha yea actually for €15 probably should have said that but they are €17.50 in ticketmaster