Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying guns from the uk?

Options
  • 08-08-2010 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

can you buy a gun from the uk and would it end up cheaper anyone ever do it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

etoman3 wrote: »
    can you buy a gun from the uk and would it end up cheaper anyone ever do it?

I bought a Rifle in the North (U.k) in the late 90's.

It can be done, DOJ werbsite has relevant import forms online now, you can fill in and e-mail, you get the hard copy in under a week.
    You need it licenced here first though

I saved ~ €100 or so. however it raised a few eyebrows in the station at the time!:D

That was before the Internet got popular, I'm guessing it is much more common now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I bougth guns from maurice allen in Newtown Butler, saved about €150, he filled in the form for me all I had to do was send it to the DOJ, got the import licence quicker than the subsequent shotgun licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

I bought my rifle, scope, mounts, mod and bipod from Mervyn Young.

Saved a few pound and way better customer service!

If/when I decide to upgrade, I'll probably go back to him, alot of dealers in the Republic just aren't very helpful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 etoman3

Cavan shooter and murph626 by anychance have yee got his website or numbers wanna compare prices and see I they have what I want If ts no hassle for ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

maurice is on the clones newtown butler road just over the boarder he sells lawn mowers as his main buisness

Advertisement