Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bail Bonds in Ireland?

Options
  • 08-08-2010 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi,

New to the forums and only recently heard about boards.ie and its success (yes I am living under a rock)

I am hoping to find people who are experienced and who can help me answer my questions.

I am looking at setting up a bail bondsman business here but I cannot seem to find any information on the web about it. Before I decide to go to solicitors or the citizen information office, I just want to know if there are any set-up and if so, where could I find them?

Kind regards,

Ricky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭macl

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/justice/arrests/bail_and_surety has a little bit of info but generally I don't think bondsmen are used in Ireland.

I had a look at serving summons on people before but being honest, its not a lot of cash for the hassle involved. You'd want to be more a street smart person with a good network of contacts than a business man for getting into that game.

You could try and speak to any of the existing private investigators that do summons serving already.

Come back with any info on bondsmen - would be interesting to see what you find out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Irish bail bonds seem to be too small for a bondsman to be needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

http://www.dogthebountyhunter.com/

you might need this guy also :D

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Chevy RV

Could use his missus for a cushion when the going gets tough!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sandymark

Hi, I am sandy mark. can anybody tell me that the amount of bail is refundable or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Bail is either cash surety or simply signing a promise.

The main bond market here is commercial such as planning permissions (council bond to finish a development to planning standards) Banks and insurance companies do most of the business

Just saw that this is a zombie thread of 10 years

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Zombie thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement