Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

clothing grant entitlements ...?

• 08-08-2010 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭

just wondering what's the story with clothing grants i was led to believe your entitled to one every year but i applied for one there tursday and she said i all ready got one back in 08 and it is only a once off thing
    but i know of people who have got more then one and who have never worked a day in there life since turning 18 and are getting all sorts
    i applied for it for an upcoming job interview and cant exactly afford it on the benefits im on at the moment due to large debts which is where all my money go's unlike the people i know off who go drinking and partying and have never worked

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

The dole isn't there to repay old debts. It is there to cover living expenses, e.g. clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    The dole isn't there to repay old debts. It is there to cover living expenses, e.g. clothes.

id love to see you go and explain that to the judge cause i know exactly where you'll be told to get off
    iv already been before the courts and she dont listen to any excuse its pay up or face a long term prison sentence and im not prepared to go to prison over debts all cause the government messed up and half the country is unemployed

Sorry, but you need to stop blaming other people - the government didn't get you into this situation and neither did the people going out drinking and partying.

You should get down to mabs and ask them for help with budgeting. Try SVP if you need clothes for interviews. They might be able to help.

You didn't ask a question. You stated a fact then moaned about it. I just joined in the convo and helpfully suggested you go to mabs or svp.
    I don't know who is to blame that you got yourself into debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

the question i asked was what is the story with the clothing grant that was my question

• Advertisement

• Am I entitled to a Clothing Grant?

No. There is no such thing as a ‘clothing grant’. You may apply for financial assistance towards clothing through your Community Welfare Officer (CWO). This is an Exceptional Needs Payment (ENP). It is granted at the discretion of the CWO.
    http://www.centrecare.ie/case_studies.htm

You're welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lindabells

there was a clothing grant a few years ago
    i know of a person with a disability who is recieving the clothing grant along with his disability allowance
    the criteria has changed people who apply must have a disability like[ epilepsy]

Advertisement