Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Torchwood News

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Meant to post that - it's a strong writing team they have there. I'm hopeful! What they need is a good head writer to keep a consistent approach to the characters and arcing plot lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

That sounds good I have to say

Not too many episodes and if they do indeed have a proper story arc ala Children of earth then it could be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭Stark

there's nothing better than a great big global thriller that stops for a sex scene

Actually there is. There's a great big global thriller that doesn't stop for a sex scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

sounds good so far, i am very happy that they kept gwen

will it be itc torchwood, or will it be based in the states with them going over? RTD says there will be cardiff locations but i would say that could be the first ep only.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭bigdaddyliamo

There is a good article on this in the new edition of SFX, had a browse thru in easons...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 dancingmonkey08

http://gallifreynewsbase.blogspot.com/2010/08/torchwood-new-world_18.html

Torchwood Season 4 sounds cool but one question, has everyone forgotten about the Rift and it spitting dangerous aliens and alien technology out of it? Is UNIT looking after it or something?

Also there is a line in the article, Torchwood was blown up years ago? Is this series gonna be set a few years in the future because Torchwood was blown up in September 2009, not exactly years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Well Children of Earth was aired (and so presumably based) in July 2009. The New World will air in Summer 2011, so that's two years right there.

But I was wondering about the rift myself, I assume they'll give a throwaway line to explain it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 dancingmonkey08

Yea that makes sense. Although Torchwood Season 4 was set in September 2009, it says so on a newspaper Ianto is reading at one point (I know, useless piece of trivia that makes no difference lol)

Yea a throwaway line would make me happy as long as it makes sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Ah interesting, never spotted that. Useless trivia FTW :D

Advertisement