Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healthy fish recipes

Options
  • 08-08-2010 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

Anyone have some? Prefer to avoid cream based sauces as I want to start eating a bit healthier.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Salmon with some herbs and lemon, or fish pie, yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

put white fish and tomatoes on the vine in a baking tray. drizzle with olive oil and sea salt. Put in oven. When fish is cooked, smash tomatoes with fork to make a yummy sauce. Serve with green beans.

V. healthy and v. little cleaning.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I like to bake fish with a crust on top. I use breadcrumbs, finely chopped onion and tomato, grated cheese, herbs....you can add chilli or anything you like, then pop it in the oven for 20-25 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

I like to do salmon en papillote. Basically lay salmon fillet on a sheet of baking parchment, which is sitting on a sheet of tinfoil. Season it then add whatever flavours you want. Lately, I've been doing it with soy sauce, chilli flakes, sliced shallot, lemon juice and drop or two of water. Wrap up the parcel and cook in moderate oven for 20-30 mins depending on the size of the fish. This is lovely with stir fried noodles. And healthy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Haddock, hake or something. Dust with seasoned flour.

Pan fry in a lilttle butter and olive oil.

Yum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,779 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Finely chop a chilli & a piece of ginger & sprinkle over a couple of plaice fillets. A dash of soy sauce & a squeeze of lime over the lot. Bung in a steamer for 10 to 20 minutes (depending on the size of the fillets) & serve with noodles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Finely chop a chilli & a piece of ginger & sprinkle over a couple of plaice fillets. A dash of soy sauce & a squeeze of lime over the lot. Bung in a steamer for 10 to 20 minutes (depending on the size of the fillets) & serve with noodles.

Same thing works really well with salmon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

A great sauce to use with fish is a spicy tomato sauce ( usual thing made from can of tomato, onion, garlic with some chilli added,and maybe some fried
    chorizo).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

If you're OK with coconut milk (you could use reduced fat, plus I believe it's one of the "good" fats), you might like this recipe with seabass:

Jamie Oliver Steamed Seabass with Thai Rice

very tasty and easy

Advertisement