Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Help

Options
  • 08-08-2010 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

Hey guys ,

I'm looking for some help please . Bit of background , I got a tatoo on my right upper arm when i was 17 and I'm 25 now.. I thought it was great at the time but as time went on its actually a bad tatoo done badly :-) . Now i do like tattoos and have been thinking about getting a cover up / some thing done with it for a a while and i think the time is about right.
    I'm wondering if i post a picture up do people here , maybe design something if i throw a few ideas around ?

Thanks

S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Your best bet would be to just pop into a studio and discuss designs with the artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

This is the problem really , because I dont exactly know what i what as such just a couple of ideas floating around in my head. So therefore no one can recommend me someone if they don't know what i want :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's probably best to settle on an idea in your own mind first, and give the idea time, to be sure that you'll be happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I think you should pop up a photo of what you have, you never know people may have some suggestions or ideas that could get you started. Though, it would be best to call into a studio and see what they come up with.

Yeah , Ill throw the photo up tonight of what i do have , and some ideas that i would like to see. I'm strongly thinking of going for half arm the whole way around , some colours make it fun.

• Advertisement

I love the idea of getting something like a japanese koi fish half sleeve with dice or poker cards showing also.

hey guys finally got round to take a picture of my bad tattoo :p

so please ideas :-)

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Sarge wrote: »
    hey guys finally got round to take a picture of my bad tattoo :p

so please ideas :-)

thanks

Honestly, as folk have said, the best bet is to go into a couple of good studios and ask them- they'l be able to inform you far better than anyone here could.

That said, it looks big enough that a big piece like a Koi might work? Maybe with the use of some black wind bars and the usual, I can't see why not.... Just keep an open mind when talking to your artist.

Can't really see anyone who's proficient at Japanese putting together a Koi with dice or cards though... you should try googling Koi cover ups, and have a look round the different themes that can be combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Call into Ted Zeek in the Pain Factory Laurence street Drogheda over globe travel, he will design one for you and you can make changes as you wish.

Advertisement