Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Having trouble with formatting.

• 08-08-2010 10:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭

Alright folks!
    I downloaded this LyX programme for LaTeX but I'm having difficulty formatting the document. I usually paste my text into it, like this.

However, it being a thesis, I've figures and tables that don't seem to go in properly and come out arse ways or not at all. I was wondering how do I format my document to give me that thesis appearance (double spaced, figures, tables, etc...)?

Also, I'm breaking my thesis into different sections, for page numbering etc... how do I do this with my TeX programme is there any way?

I'd appreciate any help that you could offer!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

El Siglo wrote: »
    I downloaded this LyX programme
    There's your problem imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

There's your problem imho.

I just downloaded Texmaker and I'm even more confused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I suggest you use a text editor (like Notepad++ or WinEDT, but even one that's designed explicitly for TeX) and you enter the commands you need (they're not difficult, to produce a section header you would type \section{Literature Review}). It gives you complete control over formatting; though the beauty of LaTeX is that if you're willing to trust it, it will format everything for you. You can then compile either using a button or though the command line.

Advertisement