Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Super League Session 5 (14/8/10)

• 09-08-2010 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

The penultimate session in the first season of the Munster Super League. The fourth session saw dominance from D4RK ONION's Mokoto. Can (s)he see off the challenge from current league leader Matt? And of course, the rest of the league will be jostling for positions in the final two sessions...

Game: Super Street Fighter 4

Date: Saturday August 14th

Time: 13:00 GMT

Venue: Moviedrome, Limerick (Map)

Fee: €8

Prize: Bragging rights from session, €2 goes into prize fund for end of season, €1 goes into travel fund for end of season (train ticket to Dublin for finals / Inferno (12)).

Points Format:
    Attendance - 1 point
    Win (groups / league) - 2 points
    1st - 10 points
    2nd - 8 points
    3rd - 6 points
    4th - 4 points
    5-8th - 2 points

Format (dependent on numbers):
    Groups >> Double Elimination bracket
    OR
    Straightforward league

🤪

Will you be there? 5 votes

I'm up for Street Fighting knackers!
    0%
    I'm scared so no...
    80%
    Sabre0001Burning EclipseMr. KSairus 4 votes
    I'm indecisive; maybe I will, maybe I won't
    20%
    D4RK ONION 1 vote

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I'm scared so no...
    I might be able to make this one. My Japanese lesson has been shoved to Sunday next week too.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

That's my 21st, not a chance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I'm scared so no...
    Will be there. We should add a poll to these threads like the inferno ones!!

Also, Onion, I'd no idea you were so young. /feels old.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I'm scared so no...
    D4RK ONION wrote: »
    That's my 21st, not a chance :D

pffft. Young un's these days! What better way to start the day than a potentially frustrating bout of SF

So many moments of frustration it causes :(

Poll added oh wise one!

🤪

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Hey Burning, I am not coming down but Generic_name said he was looking for some Guile games to practice in limerick if you'd like to do the honours. :)

I'm scared so no...
    Silly me...Points as they currently stand.

Leaderboard after Session 4 (Points earned in Session 4 listed in bracket):
    Matt - 55 points (+15)
    D4RK ONION - 44 points (+23)
    FutureGuy - 38 points
    Sairus - 36 points
    Generic_name - 24 points (+11)
    DooM - 21 points
    Sabre0001 - 21 points
    Robbknoll - 19 points (+19)
    Orim - 17 points
    Burning Eclipse - 17 points (+5)
    Luke - 14 points (+7)
    Vaughn - 11 points
    Chopperbyrne - 7 points
    Mr. K - 7 points
    Sean - 3 points (+3)

🤪

Also lads, special request to ye.

I came 7th in the inferno seeds for vanilla, and 7th in the DSRB up North last year.

If you could all fix your matches so I come no higher or lower than 7th, I'd appreciate it.

I'm scared so no...
    Also lads, special request to ye.

I came 7th in the inferno seeds for vanilla, and 7th in the DSRB up North last year.

If you could all fix your matches so I come no higher or lower than 7th, I'd appreciate it.

No problem - No one beneath me is allowed pick up points :D

🤪

I'm scared so no...
    Hey Burning, I am not coming down but Generic_name said he was looking for some Guile games to practice in limerick if you'd like to do the honours. :)

Will do... been a while since I picked him but the sunglasses will be out!
    Sabre0001 wrote: »
    No problem - No one beneath me is allowed pick up points :D

Tough! I want points! :p

Pshh, 21 isn't young, my mummy says so. *nods*

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Wont know if i can make this till next week. Back to work after 10 weeks out....

I'm scared so no...
    Looks like the poll is to make a liar out of me. Off to Santa Ponza on Friday - haven't quite cracked the 'being in two places at one time' thing. Though hopefully I'll be less pale at the final session!

🤪

I'm scared so no...
    Ok. At the moment it's Sairus, Mr. K and myself. Before anyone else gets interested, I'm suggesting we postpone this for one week. As much as I'd love a guaranteed top-three place, there aren't enough definites for this, and it's not fair to keep it going till Friday, realise we have 5 'yes' votes then cancel anyway. Thoughts?

This might be an idea.

The Dublin "travellers" are all off up to Belfast that day so we can't come down anywho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'm scared so no...
    I'm suggesting we postpone this for one week.

+1.

I'm scared so no...
    Ok. At the moment it's Sairus, Mr. K and myself. Before anyone else gets interested, I'm suggesting we postpone this for one week.
    Yar, I was going to ask if many people were going to show. A €20 trip for 4 games isn't really justifiable for me I'm afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

I hate to do this but ill be going to England for 1 weeks this tuesday so ill be needing g to save all my money to get there. But a little bird told me (Sairus) there will be a tournament 5 mins down from where I am crashing for the week so ill have to have my fun down there.

I'm scared so no...
    To enter the tournies at Supe Vs Battle I think you have to register online for them first, Shokashi. You might want to check out the SvB thread before deciding on anything.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055937122

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Matt - 55 points (+15)
    D4RK ONION - 44 points (+23)
    FutureGuy - 38 points
    Sairus - 36 points
    Generic_name - 24 points (+11)
    DooM - 21 points
    Sabre0001 - 21 points
    Robbknoll - 19 points (+19)
    Orim - 17 points
    Burning Eclipse - 17 points (+5)
    Luke - 14 points (+7)
    Vaughn - 11 points
    Chopperbyrne - 7 points
    Mr. K - 7 points
    Sean - 3 points (+3)

I know you play Guile but who does everyone else play ?,nice to see a Makoto win, ye might have another low tier character in the mix if I think Im up to snuff yet (Im in Waterford so its a long/expensive bus journey just to get my arse kicked).

Also, ye on PS3 or 360 ?.

I'm scared so no...
    J0hnick wrote: »
    I know you play Guile but who does everyone else play ?,nice to see a Makoto win, ye might have another low tier character in the mix if I think Im up to snuff yet (Im in Waterford so its a long/expensive bus journey just to get my arse kicked).

Matt - Cody
    D4RK ONION - Honda/Makoto
    FutureGuy - Ryu
    Sairus - Rose
    Generic_name - Hakan/Dudley (?)
    Sabre0001 - Gouken
    DooM - Guile
    Burning Eclipse - Cammy
    ChopperByrne - Honda/Fuerte
    Luke - Cammy/Sakura
    Vaughn - Ken
    Mr. K - Guy

(I left out a bunch of people who usually aren't there/couldn't remember who they played)

Everyone is pretty much a 360 player so the tourneys are run on xboxes. Vaughn, Matt and Luke are PS3 heads given the choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Sairus wrote: »
    Matt - Cody
    D4RK ONION - Honda/Makoto
    FutureGuy - Ryu
    Sairus - Rose
    Generic_name - Hakan/Dudley (?)
    Sabre0001 - Gouken
    DooM - Guile
    Burning Eclipse - Cammy
    Luke - Cammy/Sakura
    Vaughn - Ken
    Mr. K - Guy

(I left out a bunch of people who usually aren't there/couldn't remember who they played)

Everyone is pretty much a 360 player so the tourneys are run on xboxes. Vaughn, Matt and Luke are PS3 heads given the choice.

****e, I play on a PS3 USB Saturn pad, cant get them for 360 and none of the converters available at the moment work with them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Finally a fellow Waterford player posting!!!

Where bouts u from man, and what's your psn tag???

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Generic played me with Zangief at Inferno 11.

Yes please on the change of day!! Any day that's not my birthday is fine by me. :P

I'm scared so no...
    ****e, I play on a PS3 USB Saturn pad, cant get them for 360 and none of the converters available at the moment work with them :(
    Most people play on sticks at this stage anyway, so they can play on any console provded there's a PS3 stick available.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

BanjoB wrote: »
    Finally a fellow Waterford player posting!!!

Take a picture there Banjo it'll last longer Haha.

I'm scared so no...
    So looks like we are to officially move this session to next week (Saturday 21st) and then have the final the following week.

Hopefully a larger contingent will be able to make it.

Also, as we are approaching the end, is a month between the end of Season 1 and the start of 2 too long or too short (or just right)?

** Also, Shokashi, did you get set up on XBox yet? **

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    So looks like we are to officially move this session to next week (Saturday 21st) and then have the final the following week.

Hopefully a larger contingent will be able to make it.

Also, as we are approaching the end, is a month between the end of Season 1 and the start of 2 too long or too short (or just right)?

** Also, Shokashi, did you get set up on XBox yet? **

Sorry bud, not yet its gonna cost me a bit to switch back. I'll have to buy the game then buy the subscription then ill have to buy the stick to play with. And to make matter worse the money I have been saving up is going towards my trip to England next week. (Profound sadness!!!) Lol