Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC Reception

• 09-08-2010 12:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a second hand house and had upc digital put in. This is working fine but i put the pipe in my bedroom into another tv but the only channel it will pick up is a very fuzzy rte2. When i rang upc setting up my digital they informed me that the previous tenants had been dis connected for not paying their bill, is it possible that i would have digital and the normal analouge pipe is still blocked, if so is it possible to unblock it without having to pay the multi room charge

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I'd request UPC to reactivate the analogue in case you ever had an issue with digital breaking down. The fact that some channels aren't displaying teletext on the digibox (BBC1) is also a reason.

In fact, I thought this would have been done automatically when they hooked you up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

so did i but i was talking to a upc engineer at my friends house and he said that sometimes they forget to turn back on the analouge, no doubt upc will want to charge me for the visit:(

I known this thread is 10 days old but I have to clear up something. If you have UPC digital then you also have analogue, there's no way for them to filter it out as it travels down the same cable. The only things I can think of are that maybe the bedroom cable is disconnected somewhere in the house or maybe the TV only has a UHF tuner so can't pick up the VHF channels.

Advertisement