Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy mini wireless travel router in Dublin

Options
  • 09-08-2010 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Looking for this exact product basically: http://www.thinkgeek.com/interests/techies/c67c/

But I need to be able to buy it in a shop in Dublin.

Anyone know where I should look for something like this?

It's basically so I can have free Wi-Fi in hotels where they only give free Ethernet.

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i supoese try pc world or have a look in the phonebook and ring around

wouldnt any cheap router do the same job
    just maybe a little bigger

you can get one on ebay for a little a 15 euro or so plus P&P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

OP, not exactly what you are looking for but I use JoikuSpot on my phone (Nokia 5800XM but it's available for several platforms) and it allows me to turn the phone into a wifi hotspot and uses the phones data connection.

I bought the premium version (think it's available for about €10) and it was worth it. great when you need to do something on the laptop and have forgotten your usb cable or you don't want to be tied to the phone. Eats the phone battery though.

As I said not what you asked for but a handy little alternative if you weren't aware of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I have one of these, bought from Elara here in Dublin ...

http://elara.ie/products/detailsfull.asp?productcode=ECE1391200

Works a treat, and is very small and compact, about the size of a cigarette packet. The only trouble is the PSU has a US style 2 pin plug on it so you'll need an adapter. You can also power it from a USB lead (supplied) although that rather misses the point as the lead is rather short and you'll then be tied to the device anyway.

Advertisement