Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with formdata & Database Please?

Options
  • 09-08-2010 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hey guys, Newbie help, but im looking for a tutorial which will show the relationship between a form on a page and the online database, basically i wanna know how to create a Login Page For my website, ive searched around and couldnt find much that would explain it in plain english

Any help you can give me is much appreciated ppl :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Are you using PHP?
    Here's an intro to PHP, and here's the part where it shows how to connect to a database.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

the tutorial given above should help.
    just to give you a quick overview of whats needed:
    your html page will have a login form, and in the form tag you will need to link the action attribute to a php script which will connect to the database and query it.
    eg.
    <form action="databaseScript.php>

The php script will then need to get the values inputted into the html form,
    use php functions to connect and query the database.

remember to close the connection and even free the result afterwards.

let me know here if you need more help or need me to clarify something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Here's a handy tutorial that should make things pretty easy..

http://www.phpeasystep.com/phptu/6.html

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Kalona

haha Dude so this is where ur getting all the help from :P

I will be around to yours on Saturday and we will get it working I PROMISE :P

Advertisement