Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Radical Honesty

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Radical Honesty ; tl;dr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

I think that theory is sh*t.

Hey, I feel a little happier now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Yeah i sort of did something like this for a time.

People don't like the truth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Can I be radically honest and call the article sh*t and admit that I didnt bother finishing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

I am radically honest in work , gets me in all kinds of crap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

The only thing radical honesty will get you is the loss of all your friends - which makes it about as useful as having an argument with them in the first place, although it might prove more effective...........:D

Noreen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Noreen1 wrote: »
    The only thing radical honesty will get you is the loss of all your friends - which makes it about as useful as having an argument with them in the first place, although it might prove more effective...........:D

Noreen

Thats just stupid

I am KIDDING

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

I though it was a bit extreme but i suppose if it helps a person not to take things so personally, then maybe that' something good that can come from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

(It's a bit lenghty)

thats what she said?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

I usually employ this technique when sh1tfaced, though I can be difficult to understand and I also see things different.

Opinions like 'You're bleedin gorgeous, I think a good ride might do ya the world of good, I'm langers' just naturally come out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,037 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Article is over three years old, and since then Ricky Gervais wrote and starred in a movie that uses that concept: The Invention Of Lying.
    So he invents lying, and soon discovers the perfect application for this new activity: religion!

Me? I try not to lie because I'm lazy and it's too much hard work. "Oh, wait, I told her what? Why did I say that? Was it because ... no, that wasn't it. My Brain Hurts!"

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

URL is listed under categories (Entertainment, Provocative Attire), which are not allowed by your administrator at this time.
    :(

Anyway I'm honest if asked for my opinion, and once in a while when I'm not.

Don't want to be abrasive though, can't stand those people who yak on offensively and then moan "I'm only telling it like I see it/I'm only being honest".

Any friends who don't like honesty, well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

That was crap. And no I'm not being radically honest.... just calling a spade a spade..

Advertisement