Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Well

• 09-08-2010 3:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭

After what seems to be near a small eternity

I finally got my hands on the liberty city storys

I cant fault it other then it was to short.
    Story line was soooooooo much fun thats how gta should be it braugth back slight hints of vice city but with just such a fun example of how GTA titles should be I can say I would play that game again the only dissapointment was

It was too short....

I loved the helicopters the guns the idea behind it... really was a game i will put up there at the top just for sheer fun and the game rolled gta4 was a let down compared to it...

7/10 from me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I did the same just picked it up yesterday and finished the lost and the damned tonight

only an hour into the ballad of gay tony now but I really didnt think much of the lost.

The bikes were great as were the new weapons, but most of the missions were meh and I actually didnt like the story much. I understand bits of it are left out to be filled in by the ballad of gay tony so hopefully it will improve, but by itself far too much happens off screen. But I found the characters for the most part uninteresting or just plain confusing.

Take
    Brian the secretart who stays loyal to billy, beyond being a lickarse his subplot really does not go anywhere, I expected something more clever in his civil war rather then a few waves of bad guys and finishing the guy off

Oh and I found the lead johnny very annoying and unlikable. Firstly he suffers navi syndrom shouting annoying things during every fight *LOST MC!* over and over and over...I want to strangle him. And the actual plot makes no sense with him, he's just angsty with everyone from the get go so we cant relate to his frustration. Not to mention his reason for fighting with billy is mute when he goes and does the same sh*t as billy but worse
    billy starts a war with the angels and steals H from them, Johny starts a war with ray and steals 2 million from him.
    he does the same destructive sh*t, and I was meant to like this guy. Meh, much perferred Niko.

Though to its credit the annoying side bits with friends etc is toned down thankfully and some of the new toys make some of the missions fun, but its just a huge step down from gta4. But I'm about an hour into Ballad of Gay Tony and though the friends crap is back I am happy that story + missions take a nice big step back up in quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Smarmy

The Ballad of Gay Tony is the best out of the trilogy overall IMO. The character, Luis is a little wooden but overall the weapons, the story were all much more fun than the other two.

It's kind of annoying going back to play GTA IV with Nikos weapons after the fun ones you get in Ballad of Gay Tony.

Advertisement