Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetarian places to eat in Galway City area?

Options
  • 09-08-2010 4:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hello Again!

I will be visiting soon and am trying to plan some decent places to nosh. Anyone familiar with veg friendly restaurants or markets that are reasonably priced?

I am so very appreciative of the input!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,376 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

There is no totally veggie place in Galway at the moment but most places have some kind of option. During the day Food For Thought on Abbeygate St would probably be your best option (not been there in a while). Evening time Cava on Dominic St (tapas, not the cheapest but you can decide how much you want to spend/eat yourself.) Late night the falafals from The Square Grill between Supermacs and Dunnes on Eyre Sq cannot be beaten ((ask for them cos the menu is a bit confusing. (also if you think the guy behind the counter is ignoring you he is not. Hes a bit crosseyed.) I think they do them during the day as well.))

Forgot to add: If ur here on a Saturday you can stuff yourself with vegetarian food from the Market for the weekend. Again not the cheapest but if its just a visit its worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There are lots of vegetarian options, but no particular vegetarian restaurant.
    The peeps in Veg forum will know for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

La Salsa off shop street had the best vegan buritto ive ever had

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 astoirin

Forgot to add: If ur here on a Saturday you can stuff yourself with vegetarian food from the Market for the weekend. Again not the cheapest but if its just a visit its worth it.

Thank you! I'm really looking forward to checking all these places out! I meant to say I'm not completely set on the cheapest option available but it never hurts the pocketbook surely!

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    There are lots of vegetarian options, but no particular vegetarian restaurant.
    The peeps in Veg forum will know for sure.

Thanks for the info, I was thinking about saying "move me if you must" or starting the thread there.

La Salsa off shop street had the best vegan buritto ive ever had

Vegan burrito = love. I will no doubt have to stop there! Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Bringing back an old thread here, but has any1 any recommendations on where do the best veggie dishes. Going for a meal tonight and a few people are vegetarians.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Ah, seems the Galwegians haven't been on yet. A bit last minute :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭da_shivsta

Kumar's Indian restaurant near Spanish Arch does nice vegetarian stuff, I eat there when we want a takeaway for a girly night in, and we went there for my 21st Bday meal too.:cool::cool:. Da Tang Noodle house has a few options too, they have tofu. Food for Thought is great for vegan & veggies, Hanley's Cornish Pasties have a few nice pasties if you're hungry during the day doing your shopping or whatever, at the moment they have a pasty & tea/coffee for a fiver.. they're filling and oh so yummy! These are my usual spots for food in town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Can anyone recommend somewhere in Galway for a good veggie breakfast? Heading down for the weekend :)

Not been in for a while, but The Home Plate on Mary Street used to do a brilliant breakfast. Presume they still do.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

http://www.galwaytourist.com/details/riordans_food_house.shtml

veggie breakfast here is amazing, so much food :D
    3 fried eggs, mushrooms, fried potato, beans, toast, coffee, tomato.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Not been in for a while, but The Home Plate on Mary Street used to do a brilliant breakfast. Presume they still do.
    Had breakfast in here this morning. Was delish.

Two fried eggs on toasted ciabata, beans, 5 big friend potato slices, fried tomato, small watercress and tomato salad and a big mix of various fried veg (mushrooms, corgettes, peppers etc). Was deadly.

Cool! Must make another visit soon. Not been anywhere for brekkie lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Went into Food For Thought today. Missed their brekkie by 3 mins but had a Cashew Cut bake thing. Was v nice I have to say and they had about 3 other veggie dishes that looked lovely as well as the usual sambos etc. Was cheaper than other places I've eaten in Galway as well.

Might go there tomorrow again and try and get the breakkie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

cosmic wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend somewhere in Galway for a good veggie breakfast? Heading down for the weekend :)

Kelly's is fantastic for breakfasts of all sort, including veggie.

Advertisement