Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAO Slipknot fans

Options
  • 09-08-2010 7:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭

Hi, never really liked Slipknot, didn't like all that shouty metal kinda stuff but I recently heard 'Snuff' and thought it was brilliant, wasn't like any of their stuff I'd heard and disliked (Wait and Bleed, Left Behind, etc.). So was just wondering if any Slipknot fans here could tell me if they have any other songs like that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Well I think Vermilion Pt.2 would be the main one.. great song I think

Try part one too but I much prefer part two

then also like snuff off the new album.. maybe Dead Memories

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Maybe some of the Stone Sour stuff, have a look on the you tube for them. It's cory's other band.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I'm the exact same! I love all their mellow harmony stuff. Snuff just breaks my heart *sappy* :o

Slipknot
    • Circle
    • Vermillion pt 2 (and the remix)
    • Til We Die
    • Child of the Burning Time
    • Danger - Keep Away
    • Dead Memories

Definitely check out Stone Sour (They're a bit more upbeat/ rocky/ country style mainly but have some very pretty ballads & acoustic tracks)
    • Bother
    • Orchids
    • Through Glass <3:o
    • Cardiff

(A little heavier)
    • Your God
    • Take a Number
    • Blue Study

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

d.anthony wrote: »
    Hi, never really liked Slipknot, didn't like all that shouty metal kinda stuff but I recently heard 'Snuff' and thought it was brilliant, wasn't like any of their stuff I'd heard and disliked (Wait and Bleed, Left Behind, etc.). So was just wondering if any Slipknot fans here could tell me if they have any other songs like that?
    I haven't listened too much to their new album so I've no idea what else is on there like that song Snuff. For what it's worth though, I think that wanting to find Slipknot songs that aren't "shouty metal kinda stuff" is a bit like wanting Load-era Metallica songs. Taken on their own merits the songs probably aren't bad but the band has done far better stuff.

Lastly, here is a link to Stone Sour's MySpace page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Their last two albums have been pretty accessible and have a nice mixture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭fergpie

If you like the more melodic stuff check out stone sours new single. new album out at the end of the month. woo! :D

not workin for some reaon. here's linkie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epOvpWd8jnw&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭d.anthony

Thanks lads for the replies...

Got a whole new found respect for Corey Taylor!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Another one you may like, from an awesome band:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

For me, it was this song that made me a Slipknot fan....

New Stone Sour album out on Sept 7th! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I'm the exact same! I love all their mellow harmony stuff. Snuff just breaks my heart *sappy* :o

Slipknot
    • Circle
    • Vermillion pt 2 (and the remix)
    • Til We Die
    • Child of the Burning Time
    • Danger - Keep Away
    • Dead Memories

Definitely check out Stone Sour (They're a bit more upbeat/ rocky/ country style mainly but have some very pretty ballads & acoustic tracks)
    • Bother
    • Orchids
    • Through Glass <3:o
    • Cardiff

(A little heavier)
    • Your God
    • Take a Number
    • Blue Study

IMO Zzyzx Road by Stone Sour will piss over ALL of the above

I guess. If you like piano ballads... It's a little too X Factor-ish for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I guess. If you like piano ballads... It's a little too X Factor-ish for me.

So you must watch quite a bit of X-Factor to know what sort of song belongs on there ;);)

I'm just toooo fcukin metal to watch it ;)

scudzilla wrote: »
    So you must watch quite a bit of X-Factor to know what sort of song belongs on there ;);)

I'm just toooo fcukin metal to watch it ;)

I just meant its sappy yet optimistic tone, like when someone gets through and they thank their dead dog for giving them the strength to get up there and sing and start crying from happiness... :rolleyes:

Anywho, X Factor's lack of metalness didn't stop Eddie Kenny from auditioning in Dublin. Lunatic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭Riddle101

New Stone Sour album out on Sept 7th! :D

Really? that's great. Was wondering when they would release a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Anywho, X Factor's lack of metalness didn't stop Eddie Kenny from auditioning in Dublin. Lunatic! :D
    For those of us who don't know, who's Eddie Kenny?

Malice_ wrote: »
    For those of us who don't know, who's Eddie Kenny?

A legend is who! He had a band in the 80s. Here's his bio When I was dressed up for the KISS concert waiting on a Luas he asked me to take a pic with him. Sound man, mad as a brush :D

Eddie.jpg

He sang Livin on a Prayer. Went down like a lead balloon.

Anywhozen...

Advertisement