Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potatoes in pots - time to harvest??

Options
  • 09-08-2010 7:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have spuds growing in large pots and am wondering if it is time harvest? They've been in for 2 months now (they are 2nd earlies Duke of York). The flowers have dropped. I had a feel down the side of one and found a tubor but it wasn't too big, maybe 2 inches. Is there a danger of leaving them in too long? The stalks and leaves are large and healthy looking. It's my first year trying vegetables so advice is much much appreciated!
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

redser7 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have spuds growing in large pots and am wondering if it is time harvest? They've been in for 2 months now (they are 2nd earlies Duke of York). The flowers have dropped. I had a feel down the side of one and found a tubor but it wasn't too big, maybe 2 inches. Is there a danger of leaving them in too long? The stalks and leaves are large and healthy looking. It's my first year trying vegetables so advice is much much appreciated!
    Thanks

there's no danger leaving them there too long. Potatoes will grow for 4 to 5 months. Wait until the stalks die down before you dig them and you will have nice large potatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Thanks a lot reilig

Advertisement