Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange goings on in friends Apartment.

Options
  • 09-08-2010 7:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭

Hi, give me your opinion on this please!

Two friends are renting an apartment the floor below me. Yesterday one of the guys was chatting to me and he mentioned that he went to bet at 7am (was working the night shift), before he went to be he of course closed the curtains. About 1pm he woke up to find his curtains wide open, now he was wrecked tired so he hopped out of the bed and closed them again and went back to sleep...he woke up again at 4:30'ish....THEY WERE OPEN AGAIN!

Now I live in the same block and every apartment was furnished out the same...let me just say that one of the biggest factors that lead me to choose renting my apartment was the heaviness of the curtains, they are very heavy (blackout curtains). I say this to show the unlikeliness of the wind being able to achieve opening the curtains fully...even if it was possible the wind would have to be howling into the apartment and the windows are restricted from opening fully.

OK so that is all strange enough but there is more...

Soon after he told me this, his roommate came home from a run...after he was told he then announced that a few days ago he returned home from work to find his bedroom curtains closed. He always opens his curtains before leaving for work, he freely admits that it is slightly possible he didnt but he was 97% sure that he did..it's part of his ritual before leaving. He never really gave it too much thought be he certainly thought it was odd they were closed.

So, there you have it...we are stumped!

The first guy has a Bullet camera, he's going to set it up and record his room the next time he's sleeping during the day.

The explanation may be totally rational, but for now it's unexplained.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

this is the second story like this ive heard in the past week. keep an eye on it - it could be just memory (as in forgetting to close/open curtains and thinking one did) but you'd never know

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Did ye set up the camera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 DSMaine

In the first incident, it could be a case of forgetting to close the curtains, falling asleep, and then dreaming about waking up to draw the curtains (rather like my reoccurring dream of waking up to go to work, getting dressed, and then waking up to go to work). Morning rituals can also periodically skip an action, so this may be a case of two slightly unusual events coinciding to form a slightly spooky event. On the flip side of the coin, curtains being opened and closed have formed part of haunting manifestations and poltergeist activity...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

could be sleep walking, people who work lates of shift are prone to odd behaviour with their unusal sleeping patterns especially if they are coming home in daylight etc

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

I like how innocent ghosts are in these kind of stories (presuming that you believe this occurence to be the cause of some pranormal yoke). If I were a ghost I'd be doing some serious messing. Not just opening curtains. I'd lift up the seat on the jack's as well. Maybe open the fridge every night.

Ghosts are definitely lame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

So unfortunately there hasnt been another occurrence in that last few days. The sleepwalking theory is really all we are working with at the moment however sleeping walking twice to do the exact same thing? I dont know, it really was strange.

Yes indeed the other room-mate could have just plain forgot that he didnt open his curtains but I know this person well...he is methodical about his routines.

There was consistency in what happened over a number of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

I'd say it was sleep walking or just forgetfulness. I worked nights for 2 years I tell the stuff i done!!! Working nights scrambles your brain,i have tried to put my bag in the fridge poured water from kettle over my cereal instead in tea. Silly things. And i found that i would dream about regular day things like going to the bank,when i wake up i was convinced i had already gone!!:p

Id put money on the night work frying the brain cells!!!:p

Advertisement