Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Road bike choices

• 09-08-2010 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi. I am hoping to start a new job at Christmas which will give me cycle to work scheme. I have a GT Aggressor XC3 which I don't want to part with as I love MTBing, but am looking at the possibility of a second bike (road bike) - I am looking for something fast, well built, I am not interested in competitive racing but more endurance but want to keep up with the pack - live in Waterford so hilly, I am 6ft, 12.5 stone, 34 YOA. I am not fit or at least not as fit as you guys, I could probably manage a 50km but haven't tried yet and it will probably kill me. I'm guessing from the threads that Trek, Giant, Specialized are ones to look out for and want to keep the price as close to 1k as possible - even maybe second hand? Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

aquanaut wrote: »
    I'm guessing from the threads that Trek, Giant, Specialized are ones to look out for

They're big brands commonly stocked in Irish shops, hence the large number of threads asking for advice on them. There are many other options (not necessarily better) if you buy over the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭aquanaut

any recommended or good value for what you get - ones to avoid etc? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭aquanaut

I've been looking at various bikes and the one that seems to interest me is the Boardman Team and at a stretch the Team Carbon, but for some reason, probably because i'm used to my MTB, I keep looking at the Hybrid Pro Ltd - the one thing i'm wordering is how the Pro Ltd would fair if I was to join a club - would I regret buying it - does anyone own one and use it on the road for endurance or in a club as opposed to the "commuting" that most reviews label it for? thanks

Advertisement