Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career Guidance

• 09-08-2010 9:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend any career guidance that could be given to a student doing the Leaving Cert next year. This would be in addition to the guidance carried out in the school.

Also, are there any good websites offering online advice?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

dixiefly wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend any career guidance that could be given to a student doing the Leaving Cert next year. This would be in addition to the guidance carried out in the school.

Also, are there any good websites offering online advice?

Thanks

Forums like this can be very useful for CAO and course advice as a lot of teachers and people who have recently done the leaving cert post here :)

Theres a list of some here, you'd probably find some more by just googling career guidance counsellors or keeping an eye out for ads in the paper etc.

www.qualifax.ie ....all the points and requirements for every course, descriptions of the courses, what colleges offer what course, links to the course webpage.

www.careerdirections.ie ...information on careers, the work, training, salary, where you can study, a compatability test which matches you up to certain careers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Thanks for that, will have a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

There's a really good career guidance guy in Mullingar, I went to him last year and found him very useful... can't remember his name though. I'll try to find it, and post it here if I do. He works out of his home, lots of people I know went to him and found him brilliant too.

Advertisement