Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network+ and ICND1

Options
  • 09-08-2010 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

Hey everybody

Im looking for someone who has done both of these exams !
    Ive done my N+ found it fairly easy enough and been looking through objectives of ICND1 I have to say they look fairly similar besides the Cisco specific stuff.

Just wonder whats the gap between N+ and ICND1
    Looking to get ICND1 out of the way as soon as then ICND2.

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Honestly, I would say there is a big enough gap. Unless the Network + has changed dramatically over the last number of years.

I'm sure you shouldn't cause much difficulty but don't underestimate the amount of work involved. You need 80 or 85% to pass, if Im not mistaken

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

The ICND1 isnt as much of a walk in the park as you might think, it can be quite tricky and you have to get quite a high % to pass (i think it is around 80-85 as Static Me said, unlike 70% for Network+).

ICND1 has the added advantage of putting you on the CCNA/CCNP track.
    It has been quite a few years since N+ but i found it pretty easy, did the CCENT (ICND1) recently and was surprised by it (and happy it was some what challenging).

Advertisement