Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Text App

• 09-08-2010 9:28am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I used to use cabbage on my Hero. Had a look a jelly sms but the free one adds in a tag line.

Any good ones out there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Eirtext don't use it much but it does what it's meant to do most the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

godtabh wrote: »
    I used to use cabbage on my Hero. Had a look a jelly sms but the free one adds in a tag line.

Any good ones out there?

I tried the free Eirtext, it looks great but unfortunately didn't send any texts. In the end I bought Jellysms, I would recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Eirtext used to be great app until the last update. Since then its very flaky, you never know if the text is gone out or not...

Jellysms is working fine.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

i had jellysms and eirtext at the same time, i found eirtext to crash alot.
    at times when eirtext wouldnt work i switched to jellysms and it worked perfect.

ive now deleted eirtext and use jellysms only.
    my advice is to try the both of them and see which one works best for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I use JellySMS it's great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

Used eirtext until last update,on jellysms now and have had no issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Michael Doherty

best on jellysms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Domingo1

Definitely JellySms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭dougs09

I've not reinstAlled jelly SMS since updating to iPhone 4 but eirtext pro has been dodgy since then alright, jellysms will have to be redownloaded again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Use JellySMS, great as it supports multiple phone accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭decies

Using three on jsms and when i sent a text theres is always a " ' " at end of my message any idea ,how to get rid of it.Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭nagero

decies wrote: »
    Using three on jsms and when i sent a text theres is always a " ' " at end of my message any idea ,how to get rid of it.Thanks

I've read elsewhere that the ' is used to suppress the "sent from 3 webtext" signature the 3 web interface adds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭decies

nagero wrote: »
    I've read elsewhere that the ' is used to suppress the "sent from 3 webtext" signature the 3 web interface adds.
    Are we stuck with the ' so ?:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭nagero

decies wrote: »
    Are we stuck with the ' so ?:o

See here. It's a tradeoff between having three's signature or some character at the end of your message.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rollo Tomasi

Does jelly sms work on vodafone network?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Does jelly sms work on vodafone network?
    Yes

Advertisement