Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RMA overseas

Options
  • 09-08-2010 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place for this but anyway: need to send some faulty ram back to Taiwan or the states. An post registered post will only insure items up to 35e so might be a bit risky. What's the best option to go for in this situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Can you send it back to the shop you bought it from? I didn't know that an post only insured up to that. I send some OCZ ram to the Netherlands a few months back worth more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MickeyD

I can but there's a very intermittent issue with the ram so the manufacturer said they would test on the specific build i have if i sent it back to them. I believe Europe is max value of 150e. Id have to send it by courier which insures up to 350e but thats 50 quid to send!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

What company is it? surely they have a european office?

Intermittent or not, RMA it and send it back to the retailer you bought it from, and tell them what the problem is, also tell them you gont onto the manufacturer.

You should be able to reproduce it with prime95 torture test( 24 hour run ) or memtest - http://www.memtest.org/

And try it 1 stick at a time

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MickeyD

It's G.Skill and they don't afaik.

The problem is the tests can pass no problems for hours, then the next day they can fail (or after another cold boot) so I'm just worried ebuyer will just throw em in and boot up and fail to see any errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

MickeyD wrote: »
    It's G.Skill and they don't afaik.

The problem is the tests can pass no problems for hours, then the next day they can fail (or after another cold boot) so I'm just worried ebuyer will just throw em in and boot up and fail to see any errors.
    hmmm, generally if you torture any faulty mem for 24 hours solid it will crash. Have you tried upping the voltage?

Id send it back to ebuyer and tell them its intermittent, shouldnt matter to them as they will just send it back to GSkill. They have a forum( the US one caters for Europe and Asia also ) - http://www.gskill.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13

• Advertisement
Advertisement