Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another redundancy Payment query

Options
  • 09-08-2010 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭

hi .

From looking through some of the similar stories, dont hold out too much hope for anything anytime soon , but sure, any help would be appreciated.

My wife lost her job at the beginning of March after her employer passed away very suddenly. No notice or anything. The company went immediatly into liquidation and it transpires the company was close to being bust so she got not payments off the employer. So I think she is entitled to money for redundancy (usual lump sum for years service), holiday pay and notice pay.

She applied online the day after she had been let go.

She contacted the www.deti.ie general queries number - 059 9178990 (think its the same as the local numbers 1890 80 80 90/1890 20 16 15) to see how her claim was coming (and to make sure they had everything) but they just said that they didnt receive the stuff they needed until the end of May (off the Liquidator). . She then said it would prob be another 8 months before we would hear anything. She suggested we write in a letter to them to say how much we need the money! We couldnt believe it . . We were really relying on getting that money alot sooner.

If anybody has any advice or numbers that we could call to find out more or any general advice I would appreciate it (somebody said somewhere that there are two differant departments - one for redundancy payments and one for the other claims). Somebody else actually said that the liquidator will receive a cheque for a portion of it (holiday pay etc).????!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

two seperate issues redundancy and wages,holiday etc

redundancy in your situation, the liquaditor would had to have made the application and sounds like they used the snail mail application. did your wife sign a PR50 and get a copy stating the value of her redundancy. The 8 months waiting is adventerous because a few months ago when I applied for my staff I was told 12 months and only this month are they processing payments for Jan 10 with payment been made in a few months time.

I applied on line which registered my staff faster and easier to process but each to their own. the statutory entitlement is tax free.

the liquaditor also can apply to a different fund for unpaid/outstanding wages including holiday pay etc and can only apply based on information they have.this is taxable with the tax amount been taken by the liquidator to be paid in lieu of the company taxes. you hav eto contact the liquidator about this one directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

two seperate issues redundancy and wages,holiday etc

redundancy in your situation, the liquaditor would had to have made the application and sounds like they used the snail mail application. did your wife sign a PR50 and get a copy stating the value of her redundancy. The 8 months waiting is adventerous because a few months ago when I applied for my staff I was told 12 months and only this month are they processing payments for Jan 10 with payment been made in a few months time.

I applied on line which registered my staff faster and easier to process but each to their own. the statutory entitlement is tax free.

the liquaditor also can apply to a different fund for unpaid/outstanding wages including holiday pay etc and can only apply based on information they have.this is taxable with the tax amount been taken by the liquidator to be paid in lieu of the company taxes. you hav eto contact the liquidator about this one directly.

Thanks for advice Gerry . . In terms of Liquidator what should I advise my wife to say to the liquidator (whom she believes sent everything in May). .

Thanks again for help .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

just ask him for an update and expected dates of completition of redundancy payments and owed wages

Advertisement