Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom - wireless connection - updating wireless card driver

Options
  • 09-08-2010 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

I have three computers and an iPhone connected to my wireless connection.

On the computer I use the most (the oldest, as it happens, and running on Windows XP) I have a U.S. Robotics wireless card.

The signal strength on the other two computers is five out of five. i.e. 100%

On this computer, if I right click on icon in the system tray and View available wireless networks, my neighbours connections (three of them) are showing 100%, while my connection is showing only 20% (1 bar out of 5).

I'd like to update the driver for the card. Here's the link for the US Robotics update site........

http://www.usr.com/support/s-main-menu.asp

If you click on Wireless Networking in the first box, you are presented with a choice of 802.11 b or g.

Which am I, b or g?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Given that you do not give the laptop manufacturer or model how can you possibly expect anyone to be able to help you?

A vist to the laptop manufactuer's website should help you find the latest driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

All computers are DELL.

Sorted anyway.

Thanks.

D.

Advertisement