Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a drug that begins with "S"

Options
  • 09-08-2010 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Heard about a drug, think it begins with "s"? Seems you're meant to take this for a month or so, and continue to smoke as normal. It's meant to make you feel ill/queasy when you smoke. No idea what the name is (actually found out about it when I was drinking next to a castle). Looking for the info for a mate, who wants to give up before his wifes 2nd is born (he's tried cold turkey before, but has gone back on them).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭NavanEPS

Hi Maybe it is a "C" it begins with - take a look at the thread "Champix aka Chantix/Varenicline
    "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Maybe the drug is "Smoking" and the cure is to Stop :)

Maybe it is Champix but read up on it first. That is a vile solution imo. Anything with possible side effects of suicide and manic depression is not a solution.

And even with that you can only quit if you want to. This disclaimer "willpower required" is a cop-out. If you really want to quit you will have the willpower. And with the willpower you need nothing else.

I swore blind that I'd quit when my kids were born (twins). For the sake of the children and all that crap. I finally 7 months ago - they're 7 in three weeks! I quit not for them - for me. Not for her - for me. And not for any other reason that I wanted to quit.

Advertisement