Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mitsubishi Colt - high exhaust emissions

• 09-08-2010 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭

My 98 Mitsubishi Colt failed the NCT this morning on high exhaust emissions ... to be precise, High Idle Lambda 1.20 (limits between 0.97 and 1.03.) Also, there's a leak in the exhaust pipe, which the tester said may "possibly" be the cause of the emissions.

I'm just wondering if anyone who's in the know about these things might be able to give a very rough guess at how much money I'm looking at to get it sorted? Are we talking hundreds or thousands?!

Also, any recommendations re. where to get it done? Either in Sligo (preferably) or Dublin or anywhere on the road in between! Wherever will do it at the best price, basically.

Thanks!

Comments

Shouldn't even be hundreds really, replace or patch the exhaust and get the emissions checked before the retest, see does that sort it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭RobertM

I had an astra which failed on emissions, but the exhaust was knackered. Had to replace the centre section and backbox. IIRC it was around 220 for the job at a fastfit service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I think that the box was OK, the leak was in the pipe.

If it's only going to be a couple of hundred then I'm happy enough ... for some reason I always thought any problems with the exhaust were ridiculously expensive to get fixed. It's not even noisy or anything so hopefully it's a minor enough leak.

Advertisement