Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win mobile phone keeps trying to connect to the internet

Options
  • 09-08-2010 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

My win mobile phone keeps trying to make a data connection every so oftern. There is nothing running but every so oftern it keeps trying to connect (Ive turned off the data connection now as i was getting charged)

I really dont know what is trying to connect???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

What applications do you have running? What phone do you have? Check task manager, what apps are on the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

it could email trying to check for new emails, or a weather application trying to get the latest weather etc.
    Just look at all the settings in all the applications that are installed on the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

as all the above :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

nothing is running in task manager. Its only just started doing it. No emails setup on the phone anymore. No weather apps either, basically ive tomtom, opera, messaging thats about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Clock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

well say for example if ur using htc sense certain programs that dont show up in the task manager like weather, twitter, facebook, or even active sync to microsoft my phone could be activating data to sync data with the cloud

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I actually think it was google maps that was causing this as ive just removed it and it doesnt seem to be looking for a data connection anymore!

Advertisement