Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FS2004 or FSX? Which one is better?

Options
  • 09-08-2010 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I have both FS2004 and FSX. With the spec on my pc im only getting about 70% of the performance from FSX...

However it runs FS2004 like a dream. In terms of add ons, Scenery and general operation is FS2004 better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

FSX has superb virtual cockpits and better visuals in general but if you're machine can't hack it stick with FS2004 for another while, it too has lots of upgrades and tweaks to make it very realistic.

Having used FSX for years now even at 15-20fps I still wouldnt go back to FS2004 just for higher framerates.

I must get a new PC though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Low frame rates (< 30) just bug me. Most flight simmers seem ok with it though.

Advertisement