Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delivery problems Irish courier

Options
  • 09-08-2010 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

quick question:
    I've ordered an item off the internet, from a reputable online retailer. Never had any issues before, items always got here (business address in Galway, big business park, well-known company, can't be missed).

Now, it the last 2 months, the courier company responsible for shipping in Ireland has lost an item TWICE.

The first time, the parcel somehow managed to get to their hub in the midlands, and then wasn't seen again. All the courier company could say was that they couldnt track the item, and didnt know what happend, and to conttact the retailer.
    I contacted the retailer, they sent out another item, free of charge, and were really good about the whole thing.

Now it seems that the courier company has lost the replacement as well. According to the tracking website, the parcel made it as far as the driver's van in the west hub - over a week ago. They seem to deliver their parcels on foot, judging by that speed.

What can I do now? The online retailer (by rights) will probably think I am scamming them (which I am not) - the courier doesn't seem to give a flying feck and can't be bothered to track the item properly.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You keep going back to the retailer until you get what you ordered. The delivery agent is their responsibility to deal with, and they can see the order had been lost just as easily as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

As jor el said, let the seller know that you have not yet received the item. They should then get in touch with the courier and look for proof of delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ask the company to choose another courier. I'm guessing the courier is a 3 letter name beginning with "G"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

cheers all.
    I heard back from them again, it seems that the driver 'couldn't find the address'. I find that highly unlikely, since it is a well-known company in a well-known business park in Galway, and we're not hidden away somewhere.

I give them one more day to get the parcel to me - and I will then contact the retailer, and tell them to use someone else if they can, since this is ridiculous - it's not the three-letter one, it's the one that has the opposite of slow in their company name...

Even AnPost has better service, and is usually quicker...

Advertisement