Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canary Islands in December

Options
  • 09-08-2010 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Want to book a holiday for myself, my partner and out 2 year old son. Seen a great deal for Maspalomas 11th of December but before i book could anyone tell me if its worth going at this time of year, Im not expecting it to be roasting hot but i dont wanna be stuck in apartment because its lashing rain out either... has anyone been this time of year what was your experience like or could you recommend somewhere else thats not a million miles away

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

weather should be fine, i have been to the cararies twice in late november and its been average low 20s. southern gran canaria is probably the warmest part of the canaries in december too http://gran-canaria-lpa.airports-guides.com/lpa_climate.html

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I was in Maspalomas, which hotel is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

I go every year around the 17th. Daytime temps are usually in the 19-23 range. Can be a little windy but definitely sunbathing weather during the day.

You'll need long sleeves / light jacket at night.

We've had about 1 day of heavy rain (and I mean storm heavy) each year we've been.

I guess its about the hottest you'll get short-haul.

You can get really good value around that time. Best deals happen about 3/4 weeks before. We book our flight in the autumn sales and organise accommodation ourselves. Usually works out cheaper unless you're going for a 299 special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 MissFee

Dyflin wrote: »
    I was in Maspalomas, which hotel is it?
    Green Golf Cordial or something like that..

Advertisement