Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some help please

• 09-08-2010 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I run a quiz every week and this week I want one of the rounds to be "Leaving Cert English"

So..I'm wondering if some of you lovely people could give me 6 questions based on the novels or plays that you were studying.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Who are you quizzing?? I mean, are they just average people or are they English experts who have all read our books/plays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Average but also a good few smarties.

Ideally they wouldn't be too hard or too easy, if ya get me...

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Name gloucesters "bastard" son.Highly doubt anyone would just randomly know it but its not too hard.Anyone who has read it or watched the movie should know although there's added difficulty due to the fact there was two sons.
    Which famous Irish poet survived a battle with lung cancer and now has a bench on the river liffey dedicated to him.-Patrick Kavanagh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

gant0 wrote: »
    Name gloucesters "bastard" son.Highly doubt anyone would just randomly know it but its not too hard.Anyone who has read it or watched the movie should know although there's added difficulty due to the fact there was two sons.
    Which famous Irish poet survived a battle with lung cancer and now has a bench on the river liffey dedicated to him.-Patrick Kavanagh.

Ya, it took me a while to tell who Edgar was and who Edmund was. I'm fairly sure though that the bench Kavanagh has dedicated to him is on the Grand Canal, not the Liffey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

What a cool idea. Especially if the questions arent that difficult.. prob giving away my age with my suggestions but here goes anyway...

- what city was Gar bound for?
    Philadelphia (Philadelphia Here I Come)

- 'Look like the innocent flower but be the serpent underneath'. What Shakespearean Lady uttered these words?
    Lady MacBeth from MacBeth

- who sold his wife and daughter off in a drunken state?
    Michael Henchard from the mayor of Casterbridge

- who wrote about "A footfall tapping secrecies of stone"?
    Patrick Kavanagh Inniskeen Road July Evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

THFC wrote: »
    Ya, it took me a while to tell who Edgar was and who Edmund was. I'm fairly sure though that the bench Kavanagh has dedicated to him is on the Grand Canal, not the Liffey!
    Haha ya sorry wasnt thinking there...It is the Grand canal

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

the poets, novels and comparative change every year so its hard to put questions together,
    but here is a few:
    Hamlet-> Finish this quote "To be or not to be that is the question__________"

Patrick Kavanagh-> what event in his life made him have a "new look on life"

Emily Dickinson-> Finish this quote "Hope is the thing with feathers
    That perches in the soul, __________________"

Advertisement