Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice required on how to improve fitness.....

Options
  • 09-08-2010 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hey guys, in the last year and a half i've lost 5 stone and this year i finally felt ready to go back playing soccer for the local team. Now my fitness is poor at the moment and im nowhere near 90 minutes. Just wondering what the best idea for getting fitter??

Currently im doing a 4 day split weights program in the gym with 20 mins cardio after (i mix it between HIIT and steady state). I've also started doing interval training on a rowing machine at home 3 mornings a week.

Near forgot, Im approx. 5' 10" and currently 82Kg and currently training to improve my body fat situation also.

Any help appreciated. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Cipher

I wouldnt be the best on here to give advice but I just wanted to say great work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

If you want to play football simply go training and never miss it for any excuse..

Personally, I think you need a bit more cardio in your workout, 20 mins [even doing HIT] may not be enuf, as you need to build up your aerobic fitness for a long game of ball. [But then again, simply going training and playing a few games may do that for you too]

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Dexters16

ya im defo gonna do all the training but just thinkin of ways to improve the fitness in the gym also. This morning i done an hour on the rowing machine including a lot of intervals.

Advertisement